Terram/geoweb systems

Gary Prentice

Maybe cast your nets in the direction of uktc?

I have great difficulty in following threads on there. Just wasted an hour trying to find the second post to a suitable question:confused1::confused1:

Try Aztec. They make a non woven and a woven. PM me for any info if you like. I do this sort of thing on the odd occasion.

codlasher

PM sent:thumbup1:

I've found a thread from 2009 where a member, Arboristsites had some drawings available. I think Tony Sorenson (sp?) received a copy.

Edited by Gary Prentice
tired and fat fingers

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

My name is James Gormley and i work as the technical specifier for Cellweb tree root protection. If any one needs any information such as :-

Installation guide

Details of edge options

The stone specification for the infill

Generic weight capabilities for each depth etc.....

Send me a message and will send you all the info you need.

Hi James,

Good to see you on the forum. I have dealt with a colleague of yours previously (Gavin Proud), very helpfully so can recommend the assistance given.

Gary,

I believe the minimum spec for the cellweb in your situation would be 100mm. This is good for vehicles up to 6 tonnes so fine for the average family car. There is a 75 mm version but this is for paths and cycle tracks I believe. There is also a 150mm and a 200mm for larger vehicles (30t and 60t I think). These figures can be affected by other ground factors such as CBR rating so best run your spec by James as he has offered. On development sites I usually recommend railway sleepers (new, not the ones with the tar) for the edging as it looks better than the timber edge.

Your main issue will most likely be getting the finished level back down to meet the public highway without digging into the root zone unless you have a sufficient distance outside of the RPA to grade. There may also be issues with the comparative FFL's within the building and/or the level of the damp course. No dig drives are great but they are not always possible. I specified one for a development site a couple of months ago but then recommended felling a couple of weeks later on a different site as it was not practical. I did discount the engineering solutions in the report though. Horses for courses mate.

Cheers,