Tight fell of a side leaner.

Big 'Ammer

I'd allowed for it giving up, thats why I gobbed it just left of the fir to get the tops to drop in to the right.

I actually felled it at head height and bored it through under the lean to where I felt it was right, left a higher hinge on the left and then cut the holding strap (dog tooth) at the back when I was happy with everything.

This was for two reasons:-

The tree had a back limb which I had felled off and the bottom metre was twice the width, so i would have to do more cutting and potentially if the tree was to hold perfectly and follow the gob all the way down I would have had more hinge at the left to cut through whilst it was falling to deliberately make it 'fail' to the right and get the tops to drop through the gap.

Secondly, I always prefer to use a smaller, fast cutting saw, wherever possible, and I don't like riving about with big saws on slopes if I can help it.