Feedback on thinning crown

dan_is_vayne

Spot on...but how ever would you get to the tips of something like that other than using a MEWP? (I know I certainly wouldn't / couldn't...n yes I know why that is thanks :lol:)

Joking apart, accessing the crown extremities of such a spindly tree would be very, very difficult...and 'risque' yeah?

Cheers..

Paul

It'd be 'risque' 'cos the climber was only in his underwear to reduce the weight.

:001_tongue::lol::001_tongue:

Thanks everyone for the advise, next time I will focus more attention on the tips. As you say it is rather "lion tailed"! 😔

What is a MEWP?

As to the time, it just got away from me, worked through lunch and finished bang on time to be heading back to the yard, to many breaks for a think and a drink, but places to certainly improve.

The boss seemed to think it was a green huntsmen? Still have not seen a beast of a huntsmen, and I've been here 18months now! 😕

I'm sure my day will come, and I hope I've packed clean pants!!

Huntsmen arent poisonous, they are pretty timid and actually eat all the smaller venemous ones so be glad to see them rather than a white tail or a redback.

When they run over you whilst first climbing in Oz, they are big enough to cause poo to fly down your leg though :)

Spot on...but how ever would you get to the tips of something like that other than using a MEWP? (I know I certainly wouldn't / couldn't...n yes I know why that is thanks :lol:)

Joking apart, accessing the crown extremities of such a spindly tree would be very, very difficult...and 'risque' yeah?

Cheers..

Paul

You'll be surprised how strong some eucs are and how easy it can be to get too the tips. Not too derail the thread but single rope has helped heaps in my transition too climbing in OZ. you actually find that there quite quick too do also as not much foliage to thin. Lots of structural limbs with small amounts on foliage on the ends. As for the spiders,I'm surprised you haven't seen a huntsman,loads here in vic. No poo in the trousers anymore but the ring still opens slightly when they run across the stem yours chogging down.

Jake:thumbup1:

Here's a BABY Huntsman!!!

image.jpg.26fdf2642101053abb686a39b025a6da.jpg

I've seen a fair few Huntsmen in WA.

Got bitten by a Redback a few years back. Not a good experience, but not as bad as the Aussies would have you believe.

I still get purple marks around the bite site sometimes.

When they run over you whilst first climbing in Oz, they are big enough to cause poo to fly down your leg though :)

That is true haha i have thrown a couple of the back of my neck in the past, What jake has said is very true its amazing what can hold you on some eucs, and how little foliage some have on them.