Shredders

kev7937

Just bought a green mech ecocombi 150 . Not had a chance to use it properly with birds nesting but in the autumn it will have its work cut out. The bits I have tried its superb has chipper and shredder in one machine. We have alot more bush than timber so went or this machine about 10 years old 4k

Due to it being costly disposing of hedge cuttings, sweepings and general unchippable waste I wondered if any one has experience with shredders such as

TW SX200PHB | Products | Timberwolf

or similar and how they compare against chippers for day to day tree work.

Ta:thumbup1:

Kev

Shredders will never chip clean brash as well as a chipper of the same size in-feed, they will however process contaminated brash, hedge clippings and sweepings without the damage that would cause to chipper blades and anvils, the Timberwolf machine you mention has an 8" in-feed with conveyor feed but will only really chip 4 - 5" branches but does handle small root balls, shrub bed waste, bramble etc very well as well as broken pallets, door and window casings inc the nails, screws and hinges etc. Drop me a PM or give me a call if you would like to get a look at the SX200PHBC. cheers. 07880 646067:thumbup:

Just bought a green mech ecocombi 150 . Not had a chance to use it properly with birds nesting but in the autumn it will have its work cut out. The bits I have tried its superb has chipper and shredder in one machine. We have alot more bush than timber so went or this machine about 10 years old 4k

Forgot about these, remember seeing them at saltex years ago and poo pooed them at the time, would be interested to hear how you get on with it:001_smile:

Kev

Shredders will never chip clean brash as well as a chipper of the same size in-feed, they will however process contaminated brash, hedge clippings and sweepings without the damage that would cause to chipper blades and anvils, the Timberwolf machine you mention has an 8" in-feed with conveyor feed but will only really chip 4 - 5" branches but does handle small root balls, shrub bed waste, bramble etc very well as well as broken pallets, door and window casings inc the nails, screws and hinges etc. Drop me a PM or give me a call if you would like to get a look at the SX200PHBC. cheers. 07880 646067:thumbup:

Thanks

Have sort of half arranged a demo already but really wanted to hear from someone that uses one on a day to day basis.

I realise they're not as suited for day to day treework but we seem to create so much unchippable waste and need to find a solution, whats the speed like compared to a tw 150 if you're using it for branches ?

Is that the one with circular blades rather than hammers ?

Compared to a 150 it will not chip as fast but will cope with the majority of the same branch wood. I have a customer who has had a sx200 for about 6 months in the north west for both small tree waste and shrub bed and glass house waste. I am sure they would be happy to speak with you ref it's operation. Where abouts in the country are you.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App