Young lad trying to get in the game

loujj

Which climbing system is the all round best  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which climbing system is the all round best

• Blames hitch
    • 3 way method

Hello guys just wondering if anybody can help me out or guide me in the right direction really. Basically I'm a fully qualified arborist and I have also completed my nvq level 2 course at askham Bryan, unfortunately my 2 year contract has ended and I am looking to set up my own small business and hopefully over the year expand, basically I'm asking for advice on literally anything anybody can help me out with but mainly to do with laws and regulations as I'm aware of how the job runs but not so sure about the running of a business, any help appreciated

Louis.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll spend the next four years establishing yourself thinking everything is a struggle, but you learn as you go along really in terms of running a buisness, just do some research on relevant insurance/tax self assessment and carefully advertising (ie avoid paying 600 quid to yell.com for an advert that may attract only people wanting a job), parish mags are good advertising sources. And just build and look after your customers and the rest will be history

How do I stand with loler testing on my kit because some people say its not needed if I'm just working for myself but if I employ any lads that's when I start having to get it tested? Any ideas on this

Thanks

Sorry about the poll I'm totally new to the site and didn't have a clue what it ment at all

Hey don't worry i'v been about for a while and still haven't got a clue about anything, Blake hitch now you must know more than your letting on, old school ? :thumbup1:

Hello guys just wondering if anybody can help me out or guide me in the right direction really. Basically I'm a fully qualified arborist and I have also completed my nvq level 2 course at askham Bryan, unfortunately my 2 year contract has ended and I am looking to set up my own small business and hopefully over the year expand, basically I'm asking for advice on literally anything anybody can help me out with but mainly to do with laws and regulations as I'm aware of how the job runs but not so sure about the running of a business, any help appreciated

Louis.

Working for ya self is quite easy! Go out, find the work and put at least a quarter of what you earn to one side. This will just cover tax and break downs, if your lucky! The rest of what you earn is going towards running vehicles, plant and all those other things you didn't think would crop up. With a bit of luck you might even to be able to pay your self a wage. Good luck!:biggrin:

Working for ya self is quite easy! Go out, find the work and put at least a quarter of what you earn to one side. This will just cover tax and break downs, if your lucky! The rest of what you earn is going towards running vehicles, plant and all those other things you didn't think would crop up. With a bit of luck you might even to be able to pay your self a wage. Good luck!:biggrin:

Top advice, and I'd also say thats as good as it gets on a good day, :thumbup1: