Arb and Forestry Event 2013

Jonesie

Well, now that the AA Arb Show is all done, we're getting ready to return to Kingswood Training Services in Kent for another Arb and Forestry Event on 26-27 July 2013.

We've got a great line-up of exhibitors, activities and learning opportunities so make sure you mark the dates in your diary and register now to claim your free show goodie bag at the gate »

Climb a Landmark Challenge

The Climb a Landmark Challenge is a registered charity event to raise money for Help for Heroes. The aim of the challenge is to climb the equivalent height of various well-known landmarks using multiple fixed-line ascents to a point set at 50ft within the tree canopy. There is something for all levels of climber; from the Parthenon (1 ascent), to the Taj Mahal (11 ascents), to the Shard (20 ascents), so set your sights as high as you like!

This is a charity event, not a competition, so we will not be timing any of the climbs. There will, however, be special prizes awarded for:

• Highest landmark climbed
  • Fanciest dressed ascent
  • Most ‘creative’ ascent (but please remember this is a family show!)
  • Oldest climber
  • Youngest climber

If you would like to take part or support the charity effort, please visit the Climb a Landmark Challenge » page on the show website

Arb Association seminars and workshops

The AA will be hosting expert seminars, workshops and demonstrations on a wide range of subjects and techniques throughout both days. Including marketing, bracing techniques and pest and disease management, even the most seasoned Arborist should be able to come away with some new tricks.

See the full timetable and book your place here: Book seminars and workshops »

Axe throwing for the Children's Trust

Channel your inner Viking Warrior and try your luck in the arbtalk.co.uk axe-throwing competition. Not only can you win the kudos of being the most skilled axe warrior, but competition sponsors Helko have kindly provided axes as prizes for the winners on each day.

It’s only £2 entry for 5 throws and all proceeds go straight to the Children’s Trust – time to start perfecting your best war-cry…

ISA UK&I ArborCamp

We’re pleased to announce that the ISA UK&I ArborCamp will return to the Arb and Forestry Event again this year. The ISA ArborCamp is intended to be a combination of education, networking and social interaction for arborists from all backgrounds.

ArborCamp activities / seminars will run throughout both days and include:

• Throw line ‘ It’s more than just getting it up there’
  • Rescue refresher, ‘How prepared are you?’
  • Access 101 Foot lock SRT ‘The only way is up’

Presented by Jo Hedger (UK&I 2013 chapter TCC champion, former World TCC champion), Steven Gale (UK&I ETCC chapter team) and Tom Bunday (UK&I ETCC 2011 chapter team).

Free on-site camping

Free camping is available on-site, either in the designated camping area or, if you are an exhibitor, on your plot (not in the car park please!). We do need to keep an eye on numbers, however, so if you intend to use the camping area, please register your place through the show website ».

Caravans etc are permitted and fresh water will be available on site, but there is no provision for electricity.

Evening entertainment

In keeping with our mission to bring back the social side of professional networking, we will be providing some entertainment for the Friday evening. The bar will be open until midnight-ish and there will be a bonfire and DJ to help liven things up. If it's anything like previous years, it will be worth staying on for.

---------------------------------

All this for FREE - free parking, free entry, free camping - so who wants to join us to 'network' over a beer or two?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booked my place up before the arb show.

Was a great show last year and my wallet left empty. Need more wonga this year.

And camping this year as I missed it last year.

Looking forward to meeting people off AT aswell. I will be the idiot in the RNLI top. Say hi.

Side note I forgot, is ELG going to be at this show or was he at the arb show??

Yes at the moment he is coming over.:001_smile:

Yayy, after purchasing a km90 yesterday at Jonesies I am looking at one of those :thumbup1:

Will be there on the Saturday this year, bringing the other halfs 10 yr old for a great day out.

Justin - I mentioned to Gaz yesterday about if you guys could bring along some childrens climbing harnesses? Id like to get the kid into one but want to try it on him before purchasing... any chance you could pack a few for sale?

Will save some more pennies up for a possible Protos purchase as well :thumbup:

James :001_smile:

i shall be coming on the Saturday i also want to take part in the climb a landmark challenge, do i have to register/book to do this?.

Really looking forward to coming down as got quite a few pennies saved up so might buy a new top handle saw whilst I'm down.

cheers Kieran

Yayy, after purchasing a km90 yesterday at Jonesies I am looking at one of those :thumbup1:

Will be there on the Saturday this year, bringing the other halfs 10 yr old for a great day out.

Justin - I mentioned to Gaz yesterday about if you guys could bring along some childrens climbing harnesses? Id like to get the kid into one but want to try it on him before purchasing... any chance you could pack a few for sale?

Will save some more pennies up for a possible Protos purchase as well :thumbup:

James :001_smile:

I have an adjustable children's eldrid harness used once and can bring it down if you'd like to see and fit it etc. as my eldest has decided to get into the air rifle game

I have an adjustable children's eldrid harness used once and can bring it down if you'd like to see and fit it etc. as my eldest has decided to get into the air rifle game

Yes please that would be great :thumbup1: Not even sure if he is going to like it but he has the enthusiasm for it at the moment :biggrin:

I will PM you my mobile number :thumbup: