McCulloch strimmer assistance

Mike Dempsey

My mate has just given me a Mac Cabrio 310 strimmer which was his dad's and who no longer uses it. Its had minimal use since it was bought and the owner wasn't a hashy bloke so I am keen to get it going. Its possibly missing one or two bits but I am not really sure and needing an air filter.. Does anyone have a manual/parts list they could email me or point me to a source. The McCulloch website in the UK doesn't list that model. Finally where's the best place to buy spares for it.

Cheers

Mike

My mate has just given me a Mac Cabrio 310 strimmer which was his dad's and who no longer uses it. Its had minimal use since it was bought and the owner wasn't a hashy bloke so I am keen to get it going. Its possibly missing one or two bits but I am not really sure and needing an air filter.. Does anyone have a manual/parts list they could email me or point me to a source. The McCulloch website in the UK doesn't list that model. Finally where's the best place to buy spares for it.

Cheers

Mike

Try this link Mike - http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=cabrio%2B310%2Bipl&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDIQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sav-pem.fr%2Findex.php%3Fpage%3Dshop.getfile%26file_id%3D4480%26product_id%3D8185%26option%3Dcom_virtuemart%26Itemid%3D53&ei=r1i_UdDcAoas0QXjmICwCA&usg=AFQjCNEahU5sYCgPdB0C6YxuWD38TCmkZg

Not sure where you would get parts for it though!

Thanks for all your help. It seems like my mates dad has taken off the top and bottom cover of the air filter and it also needs an air filter. I will phone him later to see if he has the covers lying about in his garage and buy a new filter anyway . Once again many thanks.

Mike

I run one of these for heavy bracken - heavy machine but plenty of oomph. Made my own filter cover from a piece of red lawnmower engine shroud cover cosmetic plastic - cut to fit in the recess and drilled out 20 odd holes for air. 2 Bolts all the way through front to back - diagonal corners. Some cooker hood filter material behind for filter. Works perfectly for me.

If it has the walbro fuel filter with the long felt tails and its been sat around it will struggle for fuel so change the fuel filter.

I phoned my mate a wee while ago and he said the filter cover was long gone. Need to make one but that shouldn't be too hard. I will get a mac filter for it. Looking forward to using it. He has an unused brushcutter blade for it in his workshop though which I will get next time I see him. Brilliant

Got the air filter box today and with a little bodging got it fixed on ok. Filled with petrol/2 stroke mix and fired her up. Started after a few pulls. Very happy. I tried it out on some 6" high grass near the workshop and it works ok. As I am only going to be occasionally using it I will need to get hold of some Aspen. I would reckon although its about 12 years old, its only had about 5 litres through it. Would using aspen be ok, ie no issues with rubber gaskets inside it?

Got the air filter box today and with a little bodging got it fixed on ok. Filled with petrol/2 stroke mix and fired her up. Started after a few pulls. Very happy. I tried it out on some 6" high grass near the workshop and it works ok. As I am only going to be occasionally using it I will need to get hold of some Aspen. I would reckon although its about 12 years old, its only had about 5 litres through it. Would using aspen be ok, ie no issues with rubber gaskets inside it?

Depends if it has been stored dry or not, try it as is and watch out for fuel leaks or poor running - if you get either, just fit a new fuel line and carb kit:thumbup:

The Aspen has a habit of contracting/shrinking rubber parts after they have been in contact with petrol.