Making a small kiln dryer

Tomatin Firewood

Hi everyone

I am thinking of putting in a log gasification boiler to heat my house. To do this I will need to put up a proper shed and have install from a MCS cert installer. I was thinking if I also make this shed my workshop/ office with a radiator in it, the boiler is heating 2 separate properties as well as being partially business (will need to get it rated). This way I should be eligible for RHI commercial not to mention no more ridiculous oil bills.

My thought is whether I could also make a small kiln to fit maybe a pallet or 2 of wood in at time (which I can put in with my bobcat). Has anyone got experience of this sort of thing or is this a silly idea?

Cheers

James

Hi everyone

I am thinking of putting in a log gasification boiler to heat my house. To do this I will need to put up a proper shed and have install from a MCS cert installer. I was thinking if I also make this shed my workshop/ office with a radiator in it, the boiler is heating 2 separate properties as well as being partially business (will need to get it rated). This way I should be eligible for RHI commercial not to mention no more ridiculous oil bills.

My thought is whether I could also make a small kiln to fit maybe a pallet or 2 of wood in at time (which I can put in with my bobcat). Has anyone got experience of this sort of thing or is this a silly idea?

Cheers

James

the rhi is fairly strict about what you can do with the heat, check it out carefully before you proceed.

the rhi is fairly strict about what you can do with the heat, check it out carefully before you proceed.

I have already had a quick read of commercial RHI eligibility and apparently over 3/4 of applications are rejected because they do not meet criteria.

So whatever I do will have to be well planned.

I am going to try and get a loan from Energy Saving Trust and go by their advice.

I have already started getting my personal log shed ready, cutting and stacking 50cm logs!

I will have to let everyone know how I get on.