Work based diploma through Nptc credits ?

Hey folks was wondering if anyone had heard about applying for a work based diploma in arboriculture through buildup of nptc credits? A have almost all apart from multiple wind blow and pollarding. A don't have any degree background in arb but all practical nptcs. I Have been looking work in Australia /New Zealand on working visa and would like put something on ma cv that is recognised there have read a lot threads that nptcs and hardworking are overshadowed by predominately non practical arb qualifications any advice be appreciated. :001_smile:

The last ticket I did the instructor toted up all my units and reckoned I could get some sort of diploma thing by doing only another unit, re-pollarding was what he suggested I think. It was the first I'd heard of it, and I'm still not sure exactly what the "qualification" you get is. But, to answer your question, yes, I've heard of it. I'd be interested to hear any further information anyone's got. :thumbup1:

Hey folks was wondering if anyone had heard about applying for a work based diploma in arboriculture through buildup of nptc credits? A have almost all apart from multiple wind blow and pollarding. A don't have any degree background in arb but all practical nptcs. I Have been looking work in Australia /New Zealand on working visa and would like put something on ma cv that is recognised there have read a lot threads that nptcs and hardworking are overshadowed by predominately non practical arb qualifications any advice be appreciated. :001_smile:

Are you referring to the Royal Forestry Society certificate? It's a one year theory only course, that can be done online. I know that once gained, coupled with a certain amount of NPTC's, you achieve some sort of accreditation?

Daniel.

The City & Guilds Work based diploma is more than just an accumulation of nptc units. It is a credit based qualification but is backed up by a portfolio of work alongside a minimum of delivered classroom delivery and guided learning hours. For more information call Linda Hope @ Capel Manor she can give you ALL the ins and outs