treemotion 15kN

DrewB

has anyone had any issues with the 15kN rating of the green tie in points? personally i think its more than fine as your always tied into two, thus making it 30kN. i only ask as someone at the firm i work at has raised it as a safety issue(everything has to be 22kN here)and i think its a load of b**lox. it would be intersting to hear if any other companies have raised the issue.again, i rate my motion the best harness ive ever climbed in..

Hi Drew

My understanding of the issue is that the test for EN/CE certification is that the harness be loaded for 3 minutes at 15kN. I'm sure there are other tests for side-d's etc but if the harness is only tested to 15kN legally then there's no reason to mark it any hgher.

An interesting point here is that I don't recall ever seeing a harness with a tested load rating on it anyway. So maybe it's more a case of honesty about the product rather than ducking down behind the EN/CE certification!!

As it's been said before, if your body is undergoing forces of this magnitude there will be parts breaking, falling off or getting severely crushed anyhow.

I don't see any issue there myself.

G'luck

Nod

cheers for the replies on that one. i know that everyone who climbs daily knows that the treemagineers stuff is made bombproof and i had a feeling that the 15kN tag was them just being honest with what it is tested at. I think the complaint (from within the company i work for) was made by people with XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" job. but i suppose it is good that the gear we use is being checked through for safety-or am i trying to just be polite?

Just a kind word of advice, be carefull what you say on open forum, I got in hot water with the company I work for, by asking a question about why an item of my kit was deemed not safe to use for a different purpose.

The item in question was a climbing lanyard that I was using as a saw lanyard, apparently something that is safe to carry your weight is not safe enough to carry an MS200T.

I suppose they'd have to buy another 200t, and if i'm dead then they don't have to pay me anymore and can get another climber,,,, makes perfect sense.

Oh yes and apparently its only safe to use an original manafacturers bridge on your harness, if you use another alternative bridge, its not safe.

Some days I want to cry.

The item in question was a climbing lanyard that I was using as a saw lanyard, apparently something that is safe to carry your weight is not safe enough to carry an MS200T.

Marc I heard it wasn't the fact that you were using the climbing lanyard for your saw, it was that you were using the saw lanyard for climbing!! :D

Marc I heard it wasn't the fact that you were using the climbing lanyard for your saw, it was that you were using the saw lanyard for climbing!! :D

And the problem is?:flute:

In the end the loler inspector phoned me in the morning to ask what the f$%k I was going on about on the forum.

In short someone did'nt want the loler inspector to see my lanyard and hid it from him for some reason! Leading me to believe it was failed.

After speaking to the loler inspector he could not see a problem with using my lanyard, and said to give it to him personally on his next visit and he'd mark it fit for use.

Now that is the kind of loler inspector I like :beer: