Lost a good friend today

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chin up mate, try to focus on the good memories

Ha ha have been all day. Each time i do though it just makes me well up. We were out in a college bus coming back and as we came down the road i asked if the tutor could pull over in the layby so i could pop out. A few fellow students came out with me to comfort me as i broke down on the side of the road. I couldn't see for the tears but it also got a couple of students tearing up even though they didn't know him they could tell how close he was to me and how much i hurt inside.

• 3 months later...

Getting ever closer to the year anniversary. What makes it worse is this year it falls on the May bank holiday Monday. We are already organizing a big ride out to the scene and laying flowers. The local bike club are organizing an event too so we are hoping we can co-ordinate the event. We are also planning on booking out his favourite restaurant for everyone to go in and have a big meal.

Everyone at work knows why i am quieter than normal each month on the 25/26th.

• 1 month later...

Gonna be a very bad couple of weeks on the emotion side of things. Its a bank holiday i will always dread coming around. We are celebrating his life in the only way we know how. A massive gathering at Nando's in his memory. So far we have 150 people going all of them in "Joner/Jones 4" Man U Shirts. We have booked the restaurant and bar out for the night.

• 1 month later...

Got a second memorial tournament in memory of my close friend. This year i have decided to make signs up for people to find their way within half a mile of the site. We are having it in his home town as last year was a PITA with parking. I am also making benches for the event (12 or so). Very basic but will be donating them to the football club he played for. People have asked if i would like a donation but as i am not paying for the timber (recycling old timber stiles/etc) i don't think it is right as i am doing in my own time.

I will be Stephen. Managed to make 8 benches with the timber easily accessible. They will be fit for purpose tomorrow. They are only made to provide a dry seat so people dont end up with wet backsides on the grass. As the pitches hadn't been mown for a month i said to the guys today about mowing and line marking them today ready for tomorrow. They weren't keen until i said a pint would be bought for them at the end of the day lol.