Jo Beau B31-110 ???????

Jesse

Anyone got one of these ? if so what do you think of it, and which dealer did you get it from and what was the after sales care like , just thinking of buying one, at first I did think it looked to be slow, but as it gets into the stump its progression seems to increase, 31hp, Greenteeth, narrow access , compact, auto sweep, I did see an early post but not much was really said, Vermeer supplied it for a bit then dropped it ??? with the vat its almost 20k, is it worth it ? and is there still money to be made in stumps given that this one will poke its head in places which a lot of other grinders will not. Hopefully someone has got one and well share there experiences. Thanks. :001_smile:

I spoke to Kevin (chief engineer? ) at vermeer about this Stumpy and he said the engineering on it was quite simply. That's always good. I would love one of these due to the size, the power and the depth it goes to. I am in London so it would suit me very well. Dream on I suppose

I had a go with one at the APF, the last time is was at Cannock Chase.

Was not terribly impressed, in comparison to the american stuff at a similar horsepower/cost. Also not sure if there is/was a radio remote option for it.

Though this was over 4 years ago, I may have used a different spec machine.

However it looked very nicely made and the design well considered, except it was very easy to push the machine about on the stump because of its balance/weight.

Treesurgeonpoole on youtube has one. Maybe give him a call.

Thanks for the replies so far , I did think more would be about, access is the big consideration but its also got to be good at grinding and last, so build quality also very important, HB 20 is the alternative but I don't relish the idea of a workout every time I use it, I have had a few handle bar grinders in my time and they all made me steam a bit or a lot and vibration on some was also a bit much.

The HB20 has proved to be a good inbetween grinder that fits nicely into the marketplace, there was definately a gap for arborists who wanted a larger grinder that was self propelled, still narrow and was significantly easier to use but within a budget cheaper than similar wheeled types.

It has now proven to be a well established machine, without opting for a wheeled or tracked grinder this is by far the best option IMO.