stubborn stump

travis

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use one of these in this situation, it's called a terrasaur, fits on a petrol disc cutter, it's self sharpening, you just turn it round, it cuts stone, steel, plastics concrete the works, it's only cuts about 5" in depth so you have to take it off in chunks but no sharpening of chains, ideal for cutting old railway sleepers too, can't work out how to put a link on here but if you go on YouTube and put in "terrasaur" there is a couple of good videos, they sell them on eBay or most hire shops, they also do them for a 9" grinder

image.jpg.616e3eabac6007fac27e0526b2cd014a.jpg

I have had considerable success with other stumps in similar situations. A stumpy will tackle it but it depends on the diameter of the stump and the available access.

You would preferably need all round access to cut from every side (or just two if it is small). very gently undercut and it will come out, and I mean gently!!

Or as it seems to be taller you may be able to cut through the roots where access permits and winch it over!

Or perhaps build a very stable platform (ie lots of pallets) and drive the stumpy to the top and cut the stump down to size.

Or obtain a digger with a stump grinding head (or patch planer).

What is the approximate diameter at ground level?

Hang on that stump is worth millions,thats the face of Pudsey bear in themiddle of a tree,praise the lord!

that's not the stump. If that made you think of pudsey bear, then tell me, what do you see here?

Unknown.jpeg.179a9ee928321ba8beaa53680e492926.jpeg