Husqvarna 540 xp!!!!!

ben.j

Because the 201 meets the new emissions rules for the year it was first manufactured as does the 200. But when the 200 came out the rules where not as tight as they are now. Make sense yet?

So the new husky topper will have to follow the regs for the year of production. So it won't be very powerfull as it will be very limited to meet the regs.

The old 200 is a fine saw and yes for a 32cc saw it cuts very well. Even better when its modded to the eye balls.

The 201 is still fresh out the box and I have yet to see a modded one in the uk, as we Brits are very hung up on warranty, the Americans on the other hand modded them before the even got the bar on out the box. And I have seen some very good vids and reviews of modded 201 saws from there. Some I would even think have been better than the 200, plus there emission laws are slightly more slack than the EU ones.

I'm not thinking much on the new husky as it will be shamefully decreased in power due to regs on its production.

But of course they actually have to release a date as of yet.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the 201 meets the new emissions rules for the year it was first manufactured as does the 200. But when the 200 came out the rules where not as tight as they are now. Make sense yet?

So the new husky topper will have to follow the regs for the year of production. So it won't be very powerfull as it will be very limited to meet the regs.

The old 200 is a fine saw and yes for a 32cc saw it cuts very well. Even better when its modded to the eye balls.

The 201 is still fresh out the box and I have yet to see a modded one in the uk, as we Brits are very hung up on warranty, the Americans on the other hand modded them before the even got the bar on out the box. And I have seen some very good vids and reviews of modded 201 saws from there. Some I would even think have been better than the 200, plus there emission laws are slightly more slack than the EU ones.

I'm not thinking much on the new husky as it will be shamefully decreased in power due to regs on its production.

But of course they actually have to release a date as of yet.

Yes, we all know that, but as Chris says, husky have managed to produce saws with much more power output under some very modern emission controls.

Can you name any stihls released in the last 5 years that have more power than its equivellant predecessor?

Yes, we all know that, but as Chris says, husky have managed to produce saws with much more power output under some very modern emission controls.

Can you name any stihls released in the last 5 years that have more power than its equivellant predecessor?

026 to the 261 (edit also to the 262) 036 to the 362.

Not in the last five but the 088 to the 880 magnum.........

But the 261 has many problems, and is not any more power in the users hands.

The 362 did not replace the 036 or even the 360. The 361 it actually replaced was a far superior saw than the 362

As you say the 880 has been around a while longer

Please don't think I'm anti stihl, quite the contrary. I have a dozen or so on the shelf all usable. The problem I see is stihl have been banging saws out as soon as they reach the emission levels. Husky on the other hand have kept hold of theirs until the saw was "right". I assume this is the reason for the delay on the 540t, it may well have been possible to release it by now but there is a big gap needs filling now in the best topper in the world category and it will be released when it can fit the bill