Purpose Built Forwarder Thread (OSA, FMG/Bruunett, Entracon, Norcar/Logset etc)

By the sounds of it I was super lucky to get the first phone call in for the gremo, brilliant guy to deal with, just waiting for the lorry to get it picked up, been watching for long enough for a tidy forwarder but seem to be like rocking horse poo!

The gremo at work, what an impressive machine for something of this age !!

How is this beauty going?

Have you got chains on?

Got no traction aids except brash at the moment!

Don't know you are managing to move unless you have got a pretty flat site, especially with all the rain recently. Having good TRS tyres helps but only up to a point.

Exactly, I aint! 50% TRS, no difflocks, makes no odds sliding sideways. Need tracks, simples. Might have to change to 600 tyres to permit...

I know what you mean, i've been there myself, puting 2 sets of chains will give you about 30% more traction, if you do get chains dont put them on too tight as this will give you more grip and will help with the mud falling off better than if they were tight, yes bands are better but will sap your power and screw up you transmission and diffs and hubs, 6k for bands is expensive and used are hard to come by, but not impossible

Ah, that's mine! Cab doesn't smell so smokey anymore; I think dossers had chucked something through the back door and hoped it would burn much more. Only evidence of that sorry business now is a slightly melted plastic cap on one of the crane levers. Take it it was at Chapelhall workshops? They put a new seat in it and replaced the cab roof and painted it white. Through the gap where the seat carousel spins you can see scorch marks.

No way, that's the one! I phoned the FC about it but didn't have time to go and look over it just submitted a bid online.

Did you do all the work yourself to get it back up to working order?

Did you see the closing down sale for that workshop? there was some good kit to be had.

No way, that's the one! I phoned the FC about it but didn't have time to go and look over it just submitted a bid online.

Did you do all the work yourself to get it back up to working order?

Did you see the closing down sale for that workshop? there was some good kit to be had.

Actually someone in north devon bought it from fc who subsequently sold it to me after he realised his whole larch estate was too much to do himself. He says he lost a lot of money in the process, old chestnut or true I don't know.

The only work I've done to it is documented in this thread namely bogie repair and new hydraulic couplings on roof. Plus wear and tear and currently reglazing the cab with polycarb. Grapple is tired, centre joint a bit floppy, it would make a fantastic candidate for a nut and bolt rebuild.

It has some superb attributes, mostly its size and manoeuvrability, cheapness to run and some darn annoying ones like short slow crane, too short bunk, and traction aids don't fit.

Actually someone in north devon bought it from fc who subsequently sold it to me after he realised his whole larch estate was too much to do himself. He says he lost a lot of money in the process, old chestnut or true I don't know.

The only work I've done to it is documented in this thread namely bogie repair and new hydraulic couplings on roof. Plus wear and tear and currently reglazing the cab with polycarb. Grapple is tired, centre joint a bit floppy, it would make a fantastic candidate for a nut and bolt rebuild.

It has some superb attributes, mostly its size and manoeuvrability, cheapness to run and some darn annoying ones like short slow crane, too short bunk, and traction aids don't fit.

I had a look through my old emails to see if I had any photos of it from the FC, couldn't find anything. It must of ended up costing a lot to bring it back to its current state. Or at least lot of time.

Good to see its been put back to work, I thought someone had probably broke it for bits.

• 2 weeks later...

Im planning on going to look at a tidy FMG 678 this week, anything particular to check out? It will be an upgrade from the my tractor and forwarding trailer, any other machines to look at that are a similar age, size, price etc?

Finally what are spares like to get hold of, I know that engines and boxes are fairly standard affair but what about bogies, crane spares etc?

Thanks

Im planning on going to look at a tidy FMG 678 this week, anything particular to check out? It will be an upgrade from the my tractor and forwarding trailer, any other machines to look at that are a similar age, size, price etc?

Finally what are spares like to get hold of, I know that engines and boxes are fairly standard affair but what about bogies, crane spares etc?

Thanks

That the one in the above link?