Chiropractor?

PeteB

With regard to original post,

I use a Chiro., $52US per visit.

Upside is it tends to feel better and or get me going again.

Downside is my Chiro. can work me for minutes while my muscles are ready to get going again and work me for 24 hours a day.

If anyone would like to know how I got away from chiropractor reliance I will do a longer post latter.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not at the British School of Osteopathy it wasn't when I used to attend regularly. On the slab, students and tutors squeezing, twisting and crunching. I used to love my lower back being cracked but the chiro treats in a very different way - still on the slab though!:001_smile:

Sorry, you are absolutely correct :001_smile:

Ive used loads over the years for the odd ache and pain here and there, including a locked up back due to lifting something silly (like mentioned earlier here) but when I had slipped disc I kind of realised how usuless they all are really.

When doctors say, take some ibruprofen and go away thats because its acutally all thats needed in many cases. Chiros/osteos offer sypmathy/empathy and a half hour of their time to listen to our woes. Thats what we pay for really, a bit of a massage is always going to be nice.

I have not been to one for a few years now and have had no back problems at all.

As mentioned earlier all you will get is another appointment. In fact I gaurantee you that no one will say your fine after one appointment. But you make your choice and it does feel nice to have some understand your discomfort in a way that doctors dont have time to do.

Ibuprofen is a very harmless and cheap (59p a packet) product that can be very helpful, it should not be thought of as "drugs". Avoid Neurofen products unless you like buying things with a 600% profit mark up!!

And if things get bad then theres always Tramadol, now that is Drugs!

After 35 years of hard work/tree work and dealing with a lot of major pain I now think that our bodies are capable of working well until the day we die-without pain.

I used to go to a Chiro. three times a week and wrap myself from waist to arm pits with ace bandages just to go out and make it through a day of work. I have used sports massage, acupuncture, osteopathy, stretching, years of yoga, and even changed my career for a time on the advice of doctors. Non of this was a solution for the pain or workability of being able to use my body long term.

I finally came to a book called, Pain Free by Pete Egoscue and as long as I did the exercises faithfully (about 45-60 minute routine for me) I would be in great shape to work and not have back/body pain. Used that for about 8 years.

Now I am using the info. contained in a book called Somatics by Thomas Hanna. My routine is about 10 min at least once a day, twice is better especially when I am working hard and long days. I would call these movements rather than exercises. And the result is a pain free body where movement is comfortable and easy in a surprisingly short period of time.

If anyone needs more info. I would be happy to help.