Netbook

Lancstree

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well happy with the little Asus, does everything I expected and does it well. Just bought my son one for his business, his system runs on XP, buut I've actually grown to like the Linux system on mine. Really cant fault them as an office on the move, and the Asus is meant to be shock-proof, but to what extent I havent a clue. Love the overall portability of it, it complements my Viao well, tho I dont run many programs on it. While the Blackberry is out of action, I find this invaluable.

This is my problem, there's too much choice! I had a look at the toshiba which runs xp and its tiny like the asus. The samsung looks great and the battery life still puts it ahead of the rest. The advents are good value and nice looking too. My instinct says samsung.

it actually does what it says on the tin also! most laptops never seem to last the time that the specs state, but the samsung does. i have it in my truck all the time and bring it in on the weekends to charge.

I have a Tosh NB100 and it does everything I want. Works well online with a 3G modem, but most of the time I use it as a small laptop. It runs MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access) fine. I also use it to back up my digital SLR if out and about taking photos.

The only limitation is the very small keyboard and screen really.

I also tend to use an external USB mouse to make life easier.

I opted fro the Tosh since in the past I have used Toshiba laptops and found them to be good quality, and also because it has a real HDD of 120GB not am 8 or 16GB solid state drive.

Overall I have been very pleased with it.

What's the battery life like on the Toshiba Treewolf? I'm still going to get the samsung because it has a bigger keyboard and the battery sounds like a butt kicker.

It's never let me down. Usually I make sure it's had a full charge overnight before I need it, and I've certainly run it for several hours continuously without any problem, but I've never actually tested it to see how long it lasts on battery power. There's no reason I can see why it shouldn't run off an inverter in a vehicle if need be.

Sorry this isn't much help. If I remember I will look in the blurb tonight to see if it says anything about battery life.