Tree motion bridge replacement

Ollie Wall

Just out of interest, why would you not replace it with the standard Globe 3000? Just to save a couple of bucks? If you get 6 months to a year out of a proper bridge that is money well spent to make sure you aren't going lose any chance of claiming against teufelberger if **** hit the fan and it failed.

So true Sirnick2.

I read here that the one is cheaper by the meter than the other....... WTF. Your life depends on it and as a climber on a daily base you have to replace it every what? Day? And you need what? 100 meters for a proper bridge?

:confused::thumbdown::cool:

I am not a daily base climber and in all the years that I climb in the TreeMotion I replaced the leg to bridge straps, the waist to bridge straps, the leg paddings and the bridge twice. All original.

In all those how much? Five years? Leave the beer and pot alone every now and then and you can afford the original version in gold or platinum.

It's a 50 centimeter piece of rope every year FGS.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true Sirnick2.

I read here that the one is cheaper by the meter than the other....... WTF. Your life depends on it and as a climber on a daily base you have to replace it every what? Day? And you need what? 100 meters for a proper bridge?

:confused::thumbdown::cool:

I am not a daily base climber and in all the years that I climb in the TreeMotion I replaced the leg to bridge straps, the waist to bridge straps, the leg paddings and the bridge twice. All original.

In all those how much? Five years? Leave the beer and pot alone every now and then and you can afford the original version in gold or platinum.

It's a 50 centimeter piece of rope every year FGS.

Your point is? I don't even know how much an original bridge is. I just happen to have several meters of velocity climbing line I bought to use as a lanyard and never did that I use as bridge material ok it's not original are you trying to tell me its not suitable?

This isn't about being tight fisted or scrimping on vital safety equipment, my point is the suitability of heat resistant cords and why bother when standard 11mm climbing line will do the same job and probably be more suitable for the task.

If it all goes Pete tong I doubt the use of appropriate non original line would make a difference.

I've got heaps to tubular webbing laying around to, so when my leg loops are rooted i'm just gonna stitch up some new ones.

Just any old cord is NOT suitable. I was reading another thread on the topic i think at TreeBuzz and the users of specific different cords were experiencing heavy wear and i recalled either i failure or close to it occurring

Hence why i asked for peoples opinions bro. The genuine one is on order and being delivered this week. But a brand new bit of beeline has got to do as my old bridge is defo not safe to climb on.

Thanks for your replys guys!

Edited by Ollie Wall

I've got heaps to tubular webbing laying around to, so when my leg loops are rooted i'm just gonna stitch up some new ones.

Just any old cord is NOT suitable. I was reading another thread on the topic i think at TreeBuzz and the users of specific different cords were experiencing heavy wear and i recalled either i failure or close to it occurring

This is why you check your cord on a daily basis, and to draw comparisons between a bridge replacement and the leg loops with rated stitching is just being counter productive.

We are not talking any old cord here, we are talking suitable alternatives, if for some unforeseen reason I damage my bridge and have no original cordage to hand I see no issue with using climbing line of suitable construction to keep my harness and myself working.

This is why you check your cord on a daily basis, and to draw comparisons between a bridge replacement and the leg loops with rated stitching is just being counter productive.

We are not talking any old cord here, we are talking suitable alternatives, if for some unforeseen reason I damage my bridge and have no original cordage to hand I see no issue with using climbing line of suitable construction to keep my harness and myself working.

At least you understood what i was getting at marc

the friction from a ring onto cord is alot less then rope on rope.

when you check your gear everyday you pick up on wear and tear i don't see the problem here .

the material is designed to be abrasion resistant and also stupidly strong.

if i have missed something please share and maybe name the chords that performed poorly so that others dont use :thumbup1: