fr jones wont post a saw

kinney logging

Yeah, but you keep money in the local economy and you build a relationship with the local dealer who will be able to work on your saw there and then, rather than have to post it back and wait for its return. You pay for the local service and availability. Not to say you don't get good service from Jones, all I've heard about them has been good.

I agree but my local dealer is more than happy to work on whatever I drop in to him no matter where I bought it or what brand it is. The margin on a new saw is probably a lot less than the potential to make on years of servicing and parts and he realizes this - a good business decision on their side and a good service for ourselves - everyone is happy.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but my local dealer is more than happy to work on whatever I drop in to him no matter where I bought it or what brand it is. The margin on a new saw is probably a lot less than the potential to make on years of servicing and parts and he realizes this - a good business decision on their side and a good service for ourselves - everyone is happy.

Mine too, I've bought at least three different brands from them, and put at least the same in to get worked on. I agree the margin on a saw isn't much, but it maintains the relationship. A good dealer is a man with whom it is well worth cultivating a good relationship with. I can put a saw in and walk out with one on a borrow until it's done :thumbup1: and you certainly can't do that over the interweb.

as above they wont post a saw to me here in northern ireland where else mite do it that have good saw prices ?

I bought an MS201T in March from George Carr & Sons. They sent it to me as they always have done, no problem.

Give them a call 0117 9669845. based in Bristol and very competitive:thumbup:

I'm pretty sure that you don't need cs30 + tickets to buy a saw. Only the toppers.

Not even that. Tickets are only used buy stihl & husky as a way of making sure that saws sold without a handover procedure are only sold to people who know what they're doing, in my experience.

For toppers everyone talks about needing 39 but I don't think that's strictly true, there's no legal requirement. The flying squad aren't going to crash though your window the second your card payment clears. And my 11 year old daughter could walk into Buftons I daresay and buy a 150t as a present for me if she had the cash in her hand.

I wish.... :laugh1:

See if you can cut a deal on the saw and other items you may need - chains, oil, PPE etc - sometimes manufacturers have a strict price control policy with their dealers but that doesn't stop you getting a deal on free items.

Have heard of a colleague who couldnt get a blower from a Stihl agent - must be worried about someone getting caught in the crosswind and having a bad hair day....you can't be too careful:001_rolleyes:

Some of these controls, especially on spares is just pure agent protection - OK if your local agent is 100% fab but not so good if he is a male hen:blushing::lol:

Give her the cash then, and a lift to Buftons. :lol:

She won't be seen with her dad in public these days, too embarrassing apparently...... :001_tongue:

And I know what she'd do with the cash.... It wouldn't include 'anything she'd been told to do' :laugh1:

See if you can cut a deal on the saw and other items you may need - chains, oil, PPE etc - sometimes manufacturers have a strict price control policy with their dealers but that doesn't stop you getting a deal on free items.

Have heard of a colleague who couldnt get a blower from a Stihl agent - must be worried about someone getting caught in the crosswind and having a bad hair day....you can't be too careful:001_rolleyes:

Some of these controls, especially on spares is just pure agent protection - OK if your local agent is 100% fab but not so good if he is a male hen:blushing::lol:

i asked him how much the saw was he told me then said i could take the £8 of it i think i seen his eyes water when he said that so dont think theres goen to be any free stuff lol