Greenmech woodchipper override problem

jeff57

Hi Guys.

I'm having a problem with my chipper, if anyone as got one of these Greenmech chippers then you will know how the start up goes.

I put the key in the ignition, and press the override button, then turn the key to the right, listening to the clicking sound, then turn the key fully to the right and the chipper starts up first time - my problem is that when I take my thumb off the override button it cuts out. I've put a new alternator on it, replaced the oil sender unit as well as changing the water sender unit, but still no joy.

You thoughts here would be great.

Cheers Jeff

When you put your thumb on the button there is a click which (IIRC) is a solenoid pulling the throttle stop open. This solenoid has 3 wires - basically there is a 'Pull' circuit and a 'Hold' circuit. The pull circuit will remain pulling whilst you have your finger on the button, and the hold should continue to hold (be energised) once there is no oil pressure fault etc. If you have adjusted the throttle settings at all or moved the solenoid it is possible that the solenoid can't retract enough for the hold magnet to hold the solenoid open. This is also the case if the solenoid is faulty.

It is highly likely that what I have written is wrong (and/or probably meaningless). If so, ring Mac or Jason at Greenmech tomorrow and they will fix it over the phone.

The over ride switch cuts the engine sentinel out till the oil pressure builds, if you have a new oil pressure switch I would check the wiring for that switch

There is always the possibility that the oil pressure is low, that could be low level a knackered pump or general wear in the engine

The over ride switch cuts the engine sentinel out till the oil pressure builds, if you have a new oil pressure switch I would check the wiring for that switch

There is always the possibility that the oil pressure is low, that could be low level a knackered pump or general wear in the engine

Have you got parts for my chipper bud?

I've only replaced the oil sender unit earlier and put new oil in as well, But I'm only going to get the oil pressure up by keeping my thumb on the override button and run it for a bit, but your really not supposed to keep it on there.

As for the override solenoid unit I have not touch that at all. Been over all the connections, and replaced some that looked in a poor state, but it's have none of it, just cuts out after I take my thumb of the override button.

Do you have the number of the guys at Greenmech

Cheers Jeff

You got a memory like a fish. You said you had a chipper in pieces in your lock up same as my old girl.

And I have looked at it but its a diesel, you said yours is petrol and you said you would get some pictures, now who is the goldfish?