DRT setup on Petzl Sequoia

DrSteeeve

This is my current setup, I appreciate its not a traditional setup but I can't get on with hitchclimber at the moment, mostly due to not having enough upper body strength, and find the option of having a 4 to1 advantage really useful especially when there are no lower limbs.?

[ATTACH]122435[/ATTACH]

Actually with a hitchclimber type setup you woul be able to set up the same mechanical advantage but with less friction. The I'd adds more friction than a pulley, so it would be lighter for you.

Not ideal but have you tried clipping the biner of the terminated end directly into the biner of the I'd? I use that sometimes on my Grillion for positioning in rope access. Not ideal by any means but feels like less clutter at the harness

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alex

I did think of that but decided to sacrifice the friction for the mechanical decent lever and the ability to lockout the device which gives me a lot of piece of mind.

Clipping to the biner kind of solves one clutter problem but makes another. I've seen a few ppl with mini 3 hole rigging plates on the bridge that they clip to, seems that might do the job!

Back to the origional post about the set up on the bridge, I'd swap the krab that has your splice on it for a Petzl Williams krab, it is a very large one which I use for my hitch climber and it still has room left on it. As you only have the splice on it the Petzl ID will also fit on there nicely which removes any rubbing of krabs. I'd also get a swivel for your bridge, this will give you much smoother turning in the tree for easier limb walks and your ropes are less likely to twist as you can turn 360 on the swivel!

Hope this helps,

Jake

Thanks LumberJake ( awesome name BTW ) ill take a look at this, the swivel would be nice but I think I'd rather keep the ID orientated one way, I'll have a browse, what swivel would you recommend?

Haha cheers. I'd personally reccomend the large Petzl Swivel because you have the extra room for the krab to move. If you got a large ring on your bridge instead then the ID would be orientated so that the lever is facing towards you, (Is this what you want), making decents slightly more controlable.

Jake