• 1 month later...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I'm still looking for a grinder (really finding hiring a pita), I have a bit more money now. Looking for 13/20hp machine, on my side of the country. Thought I found a good one but it was just too far away.

Also does anyone know much about 'Ram Stump grinders'? I've got my eye on one, but am unsure if I should deviate from the larger names...

Cheers in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for starting an interesting thread, we purchased a danequip 27 hp self propelled machine to run alongside our rayco 1625 super jr nearly 12 months ago. The reason was cost of parts (£300+ for polychain belt!!) and seems to be just to small for most garden gates and to unstable for steep banks , Danequip is such a good machine fo the work we do i haven't took rayco out once. Will be listing on ebay in next few weeks, had new belts bearings and engine in last 24 months and not used in nearly 12 months with fetching nato green paint. Only 2 minor faults now, needs new drive sprocket at some point in future and have lost a spacer whilst re assembling the polychain pulley assembly PM if ur interested!!!, honest machine, open to honest offers.

Like previous posts machine depends on your needs stump grinding has always been a stress for me from using blunt, ancient vermeer as an apprentice to hiring 9 and 13 hp machines as a new business wasting half a working day picking and dropping off at hire shop to rayco not fitting through gates so having to dismantle gates/fences to fit through only to tip it up and improvise various ways to get it upright again on my own. New danequip is quick and easy to manoeuvre, has narrow wheels to take through house if need be. 27 hp of power straight to the wheel with none lost to hydraulics and nice people to deal with too. We can also drive machine onto van up ramps whilst the chipper is still attached making grinding and chipping the same day possible, and no need for trailer when just grinding. Can also pull myself along on longboard pretty quick!!!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for starting an interesting thread, we purchased a danequip 27 hp self propelled machine to run alongside our rayco 1625 super jr nearly 12 months ago. The reason was cost of parts (£300+ for polychain belt!!) and seems to be just to small for most garden gates and to unstable for steep banks , Danequip is such a good machine fo the work we do i haven't took rayco out once. Will be listing on ebay in next few weeks, had new belts bearings and engine in last 24 months and not used in nearly 12 months with fetching nato green paint. Only 2 minor faults now, needs new drive sprocket at some point in future and have lost a spacer whilst re assembling the polychain pulley assembly PM if ur interested!!!, honest machine, open to honest offers.

Like previous posts machine depends on your needs stump grinding has always been a stress for me from using blunt, ancient vermeer as an apprentice to hiring 9 and 13 hp machines as a new business wasting half a working day picking and dropping off at hire shop to rayco not fitting through gates so having to dismantle gates/fences to fit through only to tip it up and improvise various ways to get it upright again on my own. New danequip is quick and easy to manoeuvre, has narrow wheels to take through house if need be. 27 hp of power straight to the wheel with none lost to hydraulics and nice people to deal with too. We can also drive machine onto van up ramps whilst the chipper is still attached making grinding and chipping the same day possible, and no need for trailer when just grinding. Can also pull myself along on longboard pretty quick!!!!!!

Hit the nail on head. That's what I want (ur Danequip not the Rayco)! Sounds awesome, it just about the money now. ;)