Latest in my Arb equipment arsenal

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use them to insulate high temperature steam valves and flanges in power stations and paper mills, I'm a Lagger by trade (second trade, first trade is a blacksmith) having been in the tree game long, more of a hobby at the moment but really enjoy it, much prefer being out in the fresh air rather than in a stinking red hot turbine but unfortunately trees don't pay enough when your doing it part time.

Well done Dean, good man. It amused me the first time I went into building where they stitch tarps and curtains for trucks, we are not used to seeing men on sewing machines, but they were the tough uns like yours and not available in pink.:thumbup1:

Mayhem. If you go by that name in the tree game the old dears will be worried about you flattening their flowers when you are doing trees.:scared1:

Edited by Goaty

It always raises a smile when people that don't know me walk into the workshop and see a 20 stone heavily tattooed skinhead on a sewing machine! They always ask if I did needlework in school, normally shuts them up when I tell them I learnt sewing mailbags in prison!! (I havnt been to prison BTW)

Ah I thought as much. Good stuff. How are you getting on with it? Is it fairly straightforward?

Yes dead easy once you get it setup right, stitched up my chainsaw trousers that were going to be thrown, ill get another 6 months out of them now, do that twice and the machine is paid for

Re: Latest in my Arb equipment arsenal

Well done Dean, good man. It amused me the first time I went into building where they stitch tarps and curtains for trucks, we are not used to seeing men on sewing machines, but they were the tough uns like yours and not available in pink.

Mayhem. If you go by that name in the tree game the old dears will be worried about you flattening their flowers when you are doing trees.

I know what you mean Goaty, my name is Simon, I'm a teddy bear really, once I get to talk to the old dears they generally take a shine, always compliment them on their tea, even if it tastes like sh__! They love that. (Or they call the police!) fortunately they don't do that very often :blushing: