Yellow Pages

Mesterh

Bleedin ell not one call now that is bad:scared1:

They did get your phone number printed correctly? :001_tongue: only jk.

TBH the number of calls we had last year was way lower than any other previous years.

This year I am going to try and ask every customer (if there are any :sad:) where they got our number from.

I remember from another thread about YP that it works in some areas fairly well but not in others.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plus its just not the sort of work i want, nor do i have time to go quoting......that was one of the reasons i didnt want to go in there initially....but i still felt like i had to be seen to be in there. i think the yellow pages has become so irrelevant now that that isnt the case. i dont think yell.com is any better than any of the other directories out there either for that matter

Had an ad in yell.com now for 3 months and have only had calls from idiots tring to flog me more advertising, not a job in site! Yellow pages ad is paid for and after reading all these posts am getting a bit worried:scared1:

I have just renewed both my ads in y/pages and yell, but with a smaller ad, the prob is you have to be in it to win it, and if you have no advertising you won't get the phone call.

I ask every customer where they got our number from, and I do get jobs from yellow pages, you just have to go with what works for you.

ditched yellow pages but stuck with yell.com with yellow pages i found i was running about quoting all the time for small jobs,still not convinced by yell.com.Ithink an ad in a local paper/magazine and trying to get your website on the early pages of the google search for tree work in your area is not a bad idea imo

Yellow Pages suck.... have had ads with them in the past, not even a phone call.. absolute waste of time and money.

They called me today actually trying to sell me an advert... might be a case of in it to win it, but why bother if it costs you and wont pay itself.

Word of mouth is the best advertising anyone can have, word of mouth and extremley good service.