The Sidewinder way.

Old Mill Tree Care

I reckon if the sender put down the value as $50 it would help :001_rolleyes:

And ask Paul to label it as a Return and you'll skip the import tax.

I had to pay an extra £20 when he sent me my Hitch Hiker cos the value was on the label but avoided the same mistake when he sent my Sidewinder.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

And ask Paul to label it as a Return and you'll skip the import tax.

I had to pay an extra £20 when he sent me my Hitch Hiker cos the value was on the label but avoided the same mistake when he sent my Sidewinder.

Good man, that's handy to know! Do get very tempted with the HH!

Got mine threw the other week and I think its great!!! Trango cinch is alrite but not worth getting wet over. I didn't get a snap hook with mine, have I bin skanked?

Don't ask us because we don't know what you ordered or paid for.

Just email Paul Cox, apparently he's a really nice guy.

sounds like to need to stow your kit a bit more safely dude, our trucks are always rammed but i always seem to find a safe niche for the gear!

Lol.....ya think... I honestly think a big plastic, make that hollow plastic box on the side of my harness would last a day or two in the tree, forget the truck.

How many times is the sidewinder going too take my 200 pounds slamming up against it ?

I use things that I think are BOMBER, if it does not say bomber to me, it dont go up tree, period.

To some the Sidewinder may be plenty bomber, we have differnt opinions, that is OK I hope.

Maybe if they made it out of steel???

Truth is I have never really seen a need for a way to quickly stow my lanyard, save for a ditty bag to stuff it, and thats more for on the ground. Up in a tree, to flick 15 ft of lanyard out of my way take me 3-5 seconds ?

I guess it just does not fit my climbing style, I use my lanyards, well the one is used like a short climbing line, throw line in one, the other usually a steel core.

I will throw the lanyard/line up the tree to advance my TIP, using the rope clip on the end as the throw weight, in a good tree I can advance it ten feet no prob, having to constantly pay out slack to make the toss would be a lot slower and more tedious.

I am glad people find the sidwinder useful, Im guessing thats why P.C. has started selling them, but its just not for me I guess.

G'day L&T, nah, you supply your own termination attachment and tie a fishermans. I guessing because that's as an individual choice as the rest of your kit. I just ordered a ISC triple lock straight snap, the actions not disimilar to my other lanyards.

Hey there Grais, understand you have your style, thats cool.

I just received one, I'll let you know how it performs and holds up mate. I'm as prone to assumptions as I am to endorsing rubbish (not) :thumbdown:. First impression from the groung is that its smaller than I thought, that plastic box (exterior) is tough and well braced through its moulding process. Not happy with the attachment so I'll look into what avenues we have. I have a couple of days in trees this week, removals so it'll be used for positioning and a B/U to my wire core. It may not be for every job but it could be a good thing for most jobs.

Regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony Knight
Added signiture