windsor felling wedges

willywonthe

buddy totally off subject but on the thread Whoa I got into talking bout springboards.......I just saw your profile pic and it looks like you using them if it not to forward go see what I said (US point of view) and maybe you can add more or better

I will pass on stihl versus husky lol I brought my wedges back with me lol.......I trying to be funny with the "blacksmithing thing" it just a joke we used to use when we heard some one walloping wedges. As certain guys kinda have to wallop more than others, sorry didn't mean to be offensive

Stop apologising, we're all grown ups here,nobodys offended:001_smile:

Personally I love hi-lifts. Maybe that's the difference between "falling"

and what most of us tree surgeons do (just get the bloody thing on the deck!)

Stop apologising, we're all grown ups here,nobodys offended:001_smile:

Personally I love hi-lifts. Maybe that's the difference between "falling"

and what most of us tree surgeons do (just get the bloody thing on the deck!)

|I don't like hi lifts cause it just more to bloody carry and I'm getting old lol

however if I do need more lift 3 things I do

1 swear profusely at the tree

if that don't work

2 Talk nicely to the tree

if that still a no

3 cut big ass wedges from the face slab

then wallop like hell then have my mates take the pi** for weeks

buddy totally off subject but on the thread Whoa I got into talking bout springboards.......I just saw your profile pic and it looks like you using them if it not to forward go see what I said (US point of view) and maybe you can add more or better

Hey man, I found a thread on spring boards but its real old (2011) and couldn't see no any posts from you. Give us a link if you got a line on it and I'll have a look. Rarely use em as most of the falling I do is on moderately undulating or flat country, just every now and then I need em if the scarf is on the top side and the saw/bar/lift is either big, weighted or complicated. Just another tool in the box broken out for the right situation.

Have a good one.

Cheers TK :thumbup1:

It was Rob that asked in the thread WHOA lol.......I found a vid posted on you tube done by the STS guys. Not the same but as near as I could find.

I'm the same it just another trick in the bag if needed lol.....but like you rarely use it these days.......however lol I'll have to fairly soon...got a schoolie to fall which some dork attached a wire fence to which I'll have to go above. Ideally I'd like to split it and fall it in two halves from the ground lol but as I said the bleeping fence in the way.....oh and a drop of bout 12' to a creek lol. The creek I'd cope with if the fence wasn't there. So up I'll go lol. I don't like falling off spurs (I'll do it to top out for a skyline etc lol) As you said it easier when ya have to handle a bigger saw and bar of boards than spurs.

Anyway if you can add anything it will be helpful another perspective always cool in the use of boards. I think really Rob was looking to find out how the put in. The timby guys do it a tad different lol but that vid was the best I could do, it's not something I've ever ha\d to try and explain in words , I just do it lol