horsechestnut dismantle

testcricket01

yesterday and today was this tree, only difficult part was the several lowest limbs, some having cracks all the way through and being a couple of feet above the roof and stretching way past the edge of the roof, and just the angle of both stems leaning over the roof made it difficult to get stuff to go into the garden. couple of bloopers in there, first being the lump of timber catching my lanyard and ended up lifting the section up so i could undo my lanyard, and right at the end the last lump of timber the saw got stuck in the section being felled off and dragged the saw with it lucky in the split second i desided to just let go of the stihl 660 still scary to think what if.

Nice job james surprised you didn't attempt a stunt fell ;). Had the same happen to me a couple of months back felling a big section out and saw got jammed let go and the lanyard!! snaped ended up with the bar bent at a right angle. :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Nice job james surprised you didn't attempt a stunt fell ;). Had the same happen to me a couple of months back felling a big section out and saw got jammed let go and the lanyard!! snaped ended up with the bar bent at a right angle. :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Would have been nice to stunt fell it, but client wanted it left just above the main union and there was a drain running infront of it in the middle of the lawn. So dismantle it was :sneaky2:

Thats the first time ive had the saw stuck with a section up a tree hopefully the last aswell.

Balanced speedlined would of saved you hours on that. by the looks of things you could of felled it to the right of the tree and chipper too.

Dout it would have as it took less than 10hours climbing as it was, besides speedline wasnt needed as we had 3 guys onsite for that simple fact of using a tag line, couldnt have been felled as ive mentioned was left above the main union and the drains in the middle of the lawn.