Bush cutter harness

David_chainsaw

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to run the motors a little rich in oil to begin with, with any engine (car/bike) were told to run in for xx amount of miles and keep revs low, of course chainsaws/strimmers need to be rev'd up fast when used, so my way of thinking is more oil in the mix, hopefully protects the engine a little??

'Running in' needs a small amount of metal to metal contact to bed things in. So converse as it may seem, putting extra oil in the mix throughout the running in period is not beneficial and possible detrimental.

When running in a motobike you keep the revs low and slowly build them, but also use plenty of engine braking. Diesels tend to like the be thrashed from the off, and perform better like this, in my experience.

yeah i see what you mean i will start off with 30:1 and not the 25:1 mix see how i get it on will use it in my own garden for now and see how she it preforms

go and get some aspen and run it on that from the start premixed and will run better on aspen than normal 2 stroke all my kit runs on it and works fine

So gardenkit-- it be fine using 50:1 even tho it says 25:1 yes as im using stihl hp oil

I have used 50:1 in every 2t machine I have used, serviced, repaired and sold in the last 10 yrs, and thats 1000's of machines.

Never had an oil related problem.

For the first 81/2 yrs I used and sold Rock oil, as I still do, but for the last 18months I have favoured Aspen, which is 50:1 mix as standard.