Greenmech Required

mini_andi@msn.com

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the new G/M arborist 150 is a better choice, the quad chip was one step too far in weight saving, ours has not been too great to be honest had all manner of trouble with it, be sure to spec the square blades, I think their only a option now. Don't be too hasty to rule out the Germans, they still do some tidy machines, price can be an issue though, but do have good residual.

I think the new G/M arborist 150 is a better choice, the quad chip was one step too far in weight saving, ours has not been too great to be honest had all manner of trouble with it, be sure to spec the square blades, I think their only a option now. Don't be too hasty to rule out the Germans, they still do some tidy machines, price can be an issue though, but do have good residual.

when you say one step too far in weight saving,what size will it process and what is its gross weight?

we have been thinking that we may of "outgrown" our TW150 and have been working it at its max all day every day :blushing: as the majority of our work is larger felling/ clearance jobs so larger stuff is being chipped every day as opposed to "pruning" si=zed pieces that the TW150 was designed for.:blushing:

The quadchip is 750kg machine and pretty much the same capacity as the TW150, I expect the GM would perform better on the brash,built pretty much the same, judging by the sort of work your doing, I'd recommend the Jensen A540 turntable, by far the best machine I've used by for a long time, 8" capacity, weighs about 1100kg and 50hp. To be fair the quadchip and Jensen can't be compared, horses for corses they say.

The quadchip is 750kg machine and pretty much the same capacity as the TW150, I expect the GM would perform better on the brash,built pretty much the same, judging by the sort of work your doing, I'd recommend the Jensen A540 turntable, by far the best machine I've used by for a long time, 8" capacity, weighs about 1100kg and 50hp. To be fair the quadchip and Jensen can't be compared, horses for corses they say.

sounds like the quadchip and TW150 are too similar.

Never had any doings with jensen so would have to try one.

Im thinking that maybe need a TW190 sized machine now or bigger to comfortably cope with what we are doing with her,although im reluctant to part with further cash for a tw to be fobbed off by dealers and have loads of expensive downtime :thumbdown:

I know its not a greenmech but i thought id stick my thoughts in.

Used a new Jensen A530 750kg contractor chipper today. Very, very impressed. Love the new feed in/out/stop controls, no buttons just touch sensitive pads. Tows very well, easy to push around on site when not chipping into a truck. Throws the chip well and the chip is of good quality. I'd say its the best 6" tow along machine I've ever used.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

i have 2 greenmech machines, a cm220 9" and a quadchip, both great machines had no real problems, round blades take some proper hammer and parts an advice back up is top draw.

very good too deal with.

sorry to sound so blunt about our local TW dealers BTW.

Im not here to slate them,infact rung TW HQ today and they were great however both our local dealers are terrible,they are only interested in selling you bits, i was even told to heat the bearings today to make them expand to fit in the sloppy bearing housingt they had sold me!

hmmm hot bearings....recipe for failure to me.

Rant over

Right im looking into Jensen woodchippers now, still concerned over the sub 750kg machines not being upto the job with inferior bearings and shafts,another thing to consider is im only 25 so would have to do trailer test,small sacrifice i suppose for greater productivity.