Greenmech Required

mini_andi@msn.com

After many years of staying strong to the timberwolf brand, i am updating my chipper as running costs on her + recent very poor aftersale/parts service from our dealer im switching to green!

Ive been using a greenmech 220 9" chipper this week whilst rebuilding my TW and have been amazed by its performance.

Ok its a far bigger machine than my 150 but im definately impressed.

Im after peoples opinions of greenmech machines,both performance and maintenance comments.

Also if anyone has a straight 2nd hand greenmech for sale,please feel free to PM me :thumbup1:

Andi

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like youve made your decision already.

There have been dozens of threads recently -

You willl find owners of TW claim they are best. Owners of GM claim they are best.

They are both good machines in their way.

I've owned both and my TW 150 gave good service for 6 years (except for the flywheel bearings).

It was only after testing and getting a Greenmech I realised how good a decent chipper can be. I'd never go back to a TW now.

I must add I've never had a bandit, Schleising, Jensen and maybe I'd prefer one of them, but speaking from my own experience (and this is only an opinion) the basic design flaw of the TWs precludes the use of a decent size flywheel bearing.

Considering the number of people on here who have had the same trouble I suspect TW must be working on a new design. If not I can see their market share falling rapidly.

As you ask TW or Grenmech - Greenmech it is. TW owners - fire away.

After many years of staying strong to the timberwolf brand, i am updating my chipper as running costs on her + recent very poor aftersale/parts service from our dealer im switching to green!

Ive been using a greenmech 220 9" chipper this week whilst rebuilding my TW and have been amazed by its performance.

Ok its a far bigger machine than my 150 but im definately impressed.

Im after peoples opinions of greenmech machines,both performance and maintenance comments.

Also if anyone has a straight 2nd hand greenmech for sale,please feel free to PM me :thumbup1:

Andi

Greg off here isn't to far away from you and he owns a quad chip and very impressive it is to . Give him a bell I,m sure he will enlighten you :001_smile:

It looks like youve made your decision already.

There have been dozens of threads recently -

You willl find owners of TW claim they are best. Owners of GM claim they are best.

They are both good machines in their way.

I've owned both and my TW 150 gave good service for 6 years (except for the flywheel bearings).

It was only after testing and getting a Greenmech I realised how good a decent chipper can be. I'd never go back to a TW now.

I must add I've never had a bandit, Schleising, Jensen and maybe I'd prefer one of them, but speaking from my own experience (and this is only an opinion) the basic design flaw of the TWs precludes the use of a decent size flywheel bearing.

Considering the number of people on here who have had the same trouble I suspect TW must be working on a new design. If not I can see their market share falling rapidly.

As you ask TW or Grenmech - Greenmech it is. TW owners - fire away.

i know what your saying Shane.

3 times replacing bearings in 3 years!

even had the dealers replacing them and still can only get 250hrs out of them tops.always keep on top of blades etc.

The dealers insist i should get 500hrs+ from a set of bearings but even themselves cannot get this figure from my machine !

looked at the greenmechs and the bearings are much more robust etc.

|TW know the issue on the bearings is the bearing housing not being a snug fit on the bearings allowing movement!, thus causing failure.

They wont remanufacture these parts as they are making a mint on replacment parts :thumbdown:

TW have even admitted that the design of the 150 flywheel & housing is sloppy and at best awkward to centre and align the shafts correctly on rebuilding.:thumbdown:

i consulted timberwolf themselves and not the dealers today and was informed that what the dealers are telling me is total BULL!!

lost all faith in TW :thumbdown:

what size does that take?

ive been using this golliath twin axle 220 all week and it munches everything you can load it with,two of us couldnt slow it up today in leylandii,beast of a thing but rather heavy @ 1550kgs :blushing:

Look into the single axle 220. 1.3t and a lot easier to manoeuvre due to one not two axles.