LOLER Facts.

Mesterh

What next a timer to time how long your in the tree must not exceed 2 hours this is just another joke in the long line of legislation which does nothing more then make money for government through more tax and loler inspectors earn a wage.

How many accident have there been since loler if you do your research you will find no identifiable honest decrease through loler.

Its another speed cameras save life jobby.

I have no facts on loler so abuse me as you please but untill hse inspect every job i will only do when forced.

I have never had an accident that is down to me knowing when to throw my gear out.:001_tt1:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real truth is there is no guaranteed proof of the statistics since alot of injurys do go unreported.

The only injurys which get reported are ones where the climber cannot walk away.

Actual statistics of accidents fact would be very helpful in converting the unconvertable law or not.

For instance what equiptment was used what went wrong and why but this should be free information availible from loler inspectors u want every one to be loler asking and changing legislation is never enough show people real evidence of why and you will find a huge increase in loler.

:confused1:

no worries mate

in the 5 years post loler accidents due to equip failure fell from over 30% to less than 5%

cant lay my hands on exact figurs at the mo

Kev you may find advances in climbing equiptment responsible not loler.

Your talking about guys that climbed on rope i would not tow a car with. The equiptment back then was shite.

I don't completely agree. Even the most primative arb equipment did the job and human error is largely what is to blame. By working together on regulations we have moved on from screw gates to triple-action crabs, so you are right in saying the equipment has got better but it is the regulations and guidance that dictate what equipment is suitable for each purpose and I am grateful for that. I'm grateful I don't have a boss that provides me with screw gates for life support for example. However, screw-gates can still be used for lowering so they have their place. I've just used crabs for an example here

Furthermore, it would be down to human error if there was an accident as a result of not complying with regulation

Edited by Lancstree

I have been climbing 5-6 years now. Why?.

Also advances in climbing equiptment have little to do with regulation and more to do with evolution for manufacturers to continue selling they must update change things to keep us wanting newer better versions.

Edited by Arborlord