My DIY pulley/cambium saver, made from leftovers in the kit bag.

jnoon

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Smart. my only worry would be that the biner may rub open while in use, only a very small possibility but a possibility all the same. swap the biner for a mallion and its sorted.

thanks mate, will do

Swap the krabs for mallions as cross loading can happen and them krabs could bend pretty easily also being ali the rope running over that krab will wear it pretty fast.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I have been using a set up just like that for donkeys and have had none of those problems, in fact no problems at all

I have been using a set up just like that for donkeys and have had none of those problems, in fact no problems at all

Never noticed the wear on your krab? Just putting it out there so he is aware of the dangers involved as other people did for me when I made up a similar system, and bent my oval krab cross loading it.

Never noticed the wear on your krab? Just putting it out there so he is aware of the dangers involved as other people did for me when I made up a similar system, and bent my oval krab cross loading it.

No unusual wear if you set it up properly and no cross loading use a sling long enough to let it swing and sey the binder under the edge of the pulley.

I am the heavy duty type climber at 100kg +/- and haven't had problems, what do you weigh?

No unusual wear if you set it up properly and no cross loading use a sling long enough to let it swing and sey the binder under the edge of the pulley.

I am the heavy duty type climber at 100kg +/- and haven't had problems, what do you weigh?

I weigh as much as a feather,9.5 stone fair point with the sling, when he uses that round a large stem it will squeeze the krab and pulley against the stem, you defiantly need a decent length to prevent this like a sling.