tree officers

dodger

quite lot of tree officers are straight out of college and never done a days work working with trees. just your thoughts on this do you think they should have some work experience working with tree gangs for a year or so before they become tree offficers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite lot of tree officers are straight out of college and never done a days work working with trees. just your thoughts on this do you think they should have some work experience working with tree gangs for a year or so before they become tree offficers

if a tree officer had come from the tools then there wouldnt be any trees left me thinks, i only deal with one guy, and he is sound. knows sweet f all about trees its great. there has been a few beeches and oaks mysteriously come down with dutch elm disease lol. he is just there to keep the public happy and the paperwork in check. :001_smile:

I think tree oficers are best kept straight out of colege and in the dark it makes our job easier in the long run i think I have to deal with nt, I think if they came from a working background there would be to many conflicts, at the moment i'm just happy to do what the recomend.

I think there are many excellent tree officers in the UK that take their job very seriously. There do appear to be a few anomalies though as in every job.

I guess ideally anyone giving advice on tree management would have some practical experience under their belt - it can only help.

I must admit having looked at a few job descriptions/person specifications for tree officer jobs that they are asking for quite alot of experience and degree level qualifications. Perhaps the duff ones manage to slide in to the job from elsewhere within the council?