Zetor & Same spares availability?

Hello. I'm looking at 60-70HP four-wheel drive Zetor and Same tractors for general woodland and yard duties. The price bracket I'm looking at will maybe get me a 20 to 30 year old tractor with 4000+ hours.

Does anyone know about general parts availability for tractors of either make? You seem to be able to get quite a lot of tractor for the money but then it can obviously be a pain if something breaks and you can't get the bits.

Cheers, Tom.

No problems with a Zetor cant comment about the same. I have a Zetor 4911, I can say it's a great little tractor,simple reliable and cheep for bits,oil and diesel filters are washable steel gausses, I would buy another on tomorrow

Same parts availability is generally excellent, much like their tractors - although often under rated.

Parts will be available from any SDF group dealer: Same Deutz-Fahr Lamborghini Hurlimann. There are also a small number of independents.

Personally I would also say you will get a lot more tractor for your money with the Same.

Last year I bought a zetor 7045 70hp, 3500hrs 30 yrs old, when I first got it I had to replace several parts steering joints, alternator, brake parts, and on the whole they were very easy and cheap to come by. A year on and it has so far been very reliable and great for general tree/countryside work as I use it for. Few points you may want to bear in mind

The auxillary hydraulics on older zetor is pretty useless, mine has trouble with both log splitter and a post driver and so does my dads zetor,

The brakes arm,t very good either despite bleeding and replacing most brake conponents.

The road speed is 25kph tops!

Don't let the above put you off, they are a great basic tractor and seem pretty indestructable- fine for woodland work and certainly good value for money but don't expect it to be all singing all dancing cost it won't be.

No experiance of SAME but have heard they are also good value for money and I know of a few farmers who still use older models as their main tractor.

Another plus point of Same is that with many of the models - even the older and smaller ones - you get true four wheel hydraulic braking as opposed to a switch on the brake pedal that throws the 4wd in under braking.

They are also phenomenal little grippers and very reliable.

You really are comparing two totally different machines here, although I understand the Zetors popularity in woodland/forestry. The Zetor gearbox will possibly stand up to abuse and misuse better too.

The Same's of that era are all air-cooled and very reliable.

They're dead easy to work on.

They're really quite frugal.

Parts are cheap.

But:

The tin is thin,

They're very noisy on account of being air cooled.

They're slow on the road.

I'd definitely recommend one though.