Change of career.

chipper080

Mike, (Chipper) is there another angle you can look at, involving what you do have. We seem to keep paddling with one paddle and going around in circles, it isn't getting you anywhere. Think up a list of the positives of your situation, and post them here. Ie 1) chainsaw ticket. I'm sure there is more to MIke than you put across.

If you are serious about pest control, with an air gun, you would need liability insurance, ideally. Cheap and available through BASC I believe.

Do not forget, these are very tough times for many, money is tighter now than for many years, tree work is thin on the ground, and the weather isn't helping. Try and be patient, keep focussed on the positives in life and what you CAN do, not can't do. Get a bike, and get on it. :001_smile:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

keep your pecker up mike, something turn up, just hang in there. what about searching for grants or financial funding to help with driving test......even ask at the job centre, citizens advice etc, Good luck fella. keep us posted.

Thanks matty i have tried all the above and cab are working on a problem for me at the moment and job centre won't help unless i have been unemployed for 12 months as for the rest a friend is looking into them as they know the ins and outs of the grant systems.

Thanks matty

Like Hedgesparrow has already said,try council for some seasonal work ie grass cutting.You never know they may keep you on in winter for tree cutting.It'd be regular money for a few months at least.

All the best and good luck.

my shooting insurance cost £20 a year!!! through sporting shooter magazine. i like andy's view look at all the good points, keep going look into grants, funding for more courses. approach your local arb trainer they may know of discounted and grant funded courses....

this probably dosent help at the moment.. but give it a try.

I assume you can tree climb....Properly...

Ask yourself how committed really are you to the tree works because it sounds like you have had work in the past - what did you spend your money on?

If you are really in it (so to speak ) :

1- work out how much money you need to aim for to get on the road.

2 - go to your local printer and have some leaflets printed.(this wont cost much, borrow the money if you have to.

3- leaflet every single property in your area the work will soon come in

4- now don't stop leafleting until you have paid of the borrowing of the leaflets (1/2days work at most) and you have enough to get you on the road.

5- Now what ever you do don't lie back on your laurels you must keep going , Give yourself another goal (maybe to turn over or a certain % profit margin) look for every avenue to make money, keep re investing you're money .

But what ever you do always stay honest with the customer and get yourself a good name.

The pessimist complains about the wind

The optimist expects it to change

The realist adjusts the sails.