Parkrun

Rupe

Well done. Try a run or two during the week and I reckon you'll take a minute off that time every week for the first 4 at least.

With a bit of luck after a few goes I'll be able to try that. Took me most of last week to be able to walk without hobbling, and I'm creaking around like a goodun today!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a bit of luck after a few goes I'll be able to try that. Took me most of last week to be able to walk without hobbling, and I'm creaking around like a goodun today!

Good on you John for sticking with it.

I have always enjoyed a bit of cycling, but I never really 'got' running (when I was a kid I was told in no uncertain terms not at all). Running always used to make feel really awful.

Turns out, having tried recently it I really enjoy it.

The Parkrun was superbly organised - I can't believe it is free.

:thumbup:

Edited by Mat

Well done. Try a run or two during the week and I reckon you'll take a minute off that time every week for the first 4 at least.

Did the BHF ride in a leisurely 4hrs! With friends at various paces of slow.

A bit of practice and I think it should get presentable.

I had no idea how quick I was until the figs were sent to my phone.

At about 1.5K I did have a bit of a stitch really high up on my left hand side, a bit like at the top of my left lung. every time I tried to up my pace a bit it really hurt.

There was one point where I practically was running on the spot - never actually stopped though :sneaky2:

(Glad it wasn't on the right hand side - I reckon I would have stopped running and never tried again!).

That really steep hill was a killer.

Yep! I have done it a few times before, most recently as part of the "hell of the north cotswolds" 50Km MTB ride, so I figured I could do it on a mountain bike (retro of course, 21yr old bike) without going into granny gear, I could do it on my road bike.

Was a good day out, but i feel very tired this afternoon.

Bit quiet on the Parkrun front this week - Maybe there was something good on telly this morning.......

Anyway, 25th May, and I managed to hit three targets this week.

#1 Come in sub 30 mins.

#2 Not be the last bloke this time - haha.

#3 get a PB - shaved a bit off my previous time, came in at 28:04.

As John K reckoned though, how can it be so hard to make such a small improvement.

I did manage to dust off the vintage banana bike from the attic during the week, and did a few km on that (didn't want to put the running muscles into spasm with the shock of too much activity).

Now, that London to Brighton night ride starts to look mighty tempting....

Good work!!

Vintage bikes fetch good money these days so if you ever wanted to upgrade to something new you could consider selling it. Have a look on retrobike.com and see what kinds of things are selling.

I remember team banana, so I'm sure others will aswell.