Parkrun

Rupe

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work!!

Vintage bikes fetch good money these days so if you ever wanted to upgrade to something new you could consider selling it. Have a look on retrobike.com and see what kinds of things are selling.

I remember team banana, so I'm sure others will aswell.

The Banana bike is from the Falcon stable. I prefer the white and yellow over the Raleigh black based colour scheme.

I only got it a few years back (post operation incentive to keep active) and used it to cycle to and from work (which was madness really considering at the time I had a company vehicle at my disposal).

Its nicely original (except, as with so many old bikes, its been converted to single gear).

I wouldn't know where to start looking when it came to getting a modern bike (TBH I would be certainly looking at a rather tight lipped other half - boom boom).

REF: Parkrun.

I have taken in a few jog-ettes during the week, and shall be taking another stab tomorrow - aiming (as advised) to knock just a few more seconds off my total.

All the best in your endeavours...

Have 2 kg ankle weights to run with now. Oh my god sore after but results coming i think

Adding weights? :001_smile: awsome.

I currently shed as much ballast as possible when I attempt to run - including taking my socks off and considering getting a lighter watch :-)

Lose as much weight as possible, dont think of adding any. IMO opinion weights are for the super fit who need a way of getting fitter, and not for the not quite fit yet, they should just train harder/longer/faster.

But Mr chunkymonkey you do whatever is good for you.

Congrats, Rupe, on your hard earnt 30s.

It was by far the hottest I have run in today (not that it was that hot, but it seemed airless)

Slogged away to get a PB of 27:42, that I am totaly delighted with :-)

Right up until the home straight I feared that I wouldn't be able to improve on last week, but drew on an untapped stash of stamina - Good job I had a few Ryvita at breakfast.

ahhhh I see....

You were 30 off from your PB rather than you knocked 30 seconds off your PB.

So sorry for the misdirected congratulations. :blushing:

John, Hope you get better soon - good to have some light hearted competition.

ahhhh I see....

You were 30 off from your PB rather than you knocked 30 seconds off your PB.

So sorry for the misdirected congratulations. :blushing:

John, Hope you get better # from your cold # soon - good to have some light hearted competition.

Alas, it is as as easy to write as it is to read, a sentance with two completely different meanings...... Thought I had better clarify :001_smile: