Sawpod Press Release - Announcing the new Throwpod

Steve Bullman

Lozza, do you realise you have probably just done yourself out of a coppywrite and a million quid by publicly displaying that!

I won't be going on Dragon's Den anytime soon :laugh1: but if it helps with product development that is good with me, although if they use the idea a free Deluxe Throwpod wouldn't go amiss :thumbup1::hello:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always interesting the difference in opinion, for me 10oz is a little to heavy especially for really high shots.

Also you cannot look at it as a rope knight copy they are 2 very different products with just a similarity in shape. Having used both products to me they fill different roles and if I had the cash I'd have both, for day to day throwing though I'd use the Pro Toss sorry I mean throwpod (still prefer my name for it).

We pray this ends any further rumors.:001_smile:

RopeArmor/Knight has not accused any one of copying.

We believe an unintentional form infringement has occurred. No need to minimize or maximize the similarities or the differences. It is what it is.

RopeKnight is the original innovation that utilizes this specific form plus incorporates the form into multiple tools and anything contrary will be scrutinized.

Tony, Diana and I met in 2008 at the UK Arb Fair and since then have communicated several times with regards to the RopeKnight.

The RopeArmor and Darbyshire friendship will continue honorably. :001_smile:

I won't be going on Dragon's Den anytime soon :laugh1: but if it helps with product development that is good with me, although if they use the idea a free Deluxe Throwpod wouldn't go amiss :thumbup1::hello:

Lozza

The line you use plays a huge part in the weight needed, What are you using? And yes, this time next year, Rodders, we'll be miwllionaires.:laugh1:So come and find us at one of the trade shows this year, we'll be the one's driving the Bentley and drink Bolly....or maybe just a Ford Ranger as usual!!

Tony

We pray this ends any further rumors.:001_smile:

RopeArmor/Knight has not accused any one of copying.

We believe an unintentional form infringement has occurred. No need to minimize or maximize the similarities or the differences. It is what it is.

RopeKnight is the original innovation that utilizes this specific form plus incorporates the form into multiple tools and anything contrary will be scrutinized.

Tony, Diana and I met in 2008 at the UK Arb Fair and since then have communicated several times with regards to the RopeKnight.

The RopeArmor and Darbyshire friendship will continue honorably. :001_smile:

Here, Here to that Thomas!

Tony and Di

Lozza

The line you use plays a huge part in the weight needed, What are you using? And yes, this time next year, Rodders, we'll be miwllionaires.:laugh1:So come and find us at one of the trade shows this year, we'll be the one's driving the Bentley and drink Bolly....or maybe just a Ford Ranger as usual!!

Tony

I use the New England throwline and a 12oz Stein bag which I find is ok 90% of the time and I have a 16oz bag for redirects in crowded trees or rough bark situations etc if needed.

So most of the time I don't bother with different weights, but I can understand why people might want that level of customisation.

The Only Fools and Horses reference made me chuckle as my surname means I have in the past been called Dellboy :lol: Not that I am anything like that particular plonker, prob more like his brother.

personally had I been designing a wieght for throwing I would have wanted a weight forward design to stop tumbling in flight, you can have one of these 5-6 oz for under £2!:001_rolleyes:

[ATTACH]117798[/ATTACH]

Have you tried this? It is LEAD?

It will smash to bits.:thumbdown: