Iveco 35 S 12 any good please?

Arbtech Tree Services

Evening Guys/Girls,

I have a lot of experience in the world of pick-ups and 7.5 - 26 ton+ hiab areas, but have not yet got involved in the 3.5t tipper arena.

I know most people run the Tranny tippers but an Iveco has come up and i really like the look of it. It's a '54 plate with 120k on the clock but looks mint with a two year old bed (unfortunately steel). The guy's asking just over £4k.

So:

1. Seems like a fair price?

2. How do the Ivecos compare to Trannies on fuel?

3. Do they carry the weight well or do they look overloaded?

4. I'm guessing that the insurance might not be as bad as a Tranny?

Just waiting on a couple of invoices to be paid and i'm good to go, just need to make sure i'm buying with my head not my heart....

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Steve.

have an iveco crewcab 3.5 2004, has a train weight of 7 tonnes, will tow my bandit and carry full loadn no problem, tow hitch is low though even when empty. Paid 3600 for mine 18 months ago with 40k on the clock ex barnsley council as tipper body was severely corroded. but patched up with dibond ally panels signwritten and stable doors on the back looks the mutts nutts.

Seems to be more hgv orientated than transit and looks a lot better imo.

easily overloaded i would imagine but arent all 3.5t vans.

Would imagine the 5.5 tonne version is better if you have the licence/operater licence etc.

Cheers Sylvaarb,

Many thanks for your reply.

I'd seen specs for new vans on a site and was concerned that the towing capacity was only 2800kg, hopefully this one is the same as yours - chipper's no problem but one of the trailers is 3.5t.

I have an O license for another company and a class 1 hgv so the bigger Ivecos would make more sense, however i'm trying to move away from all the tachos/ six weeklies etc. and have one less thing to concern myself with (i know they can be stretched to 10/12 weeks). Also it means i'm tied to the vehicle if no-one else has the right license.

As regards overloading - i know it will be as they all are!, i'm more concerned with whether it looks overloaded (sorry officer:blushing:).

Agreed with the better looks and when signwritten it'll look really good, it's got good white paintwork at the moment.

Just spotted an 05 plate for £3.5k that looks pretty clean, i'll have to phone them though as i can't see the bed really being 12.7' long!

Regards,

Steve.

Edited by Arbtech Tree Services

I have an 08 Chassis35 S12 means 3.5 ton and 120bhp which is actually 116bhp

not sure if the Older ones use the same engine, pisses all over a transit more reliable far more power like for like and it drives so much nicer pulls easier feels more like a car where as transits feel like driving an asmatic tractor :D

they have poor ground clearance tho and when steering there not as sharp as I would like due to the way the front suspension is designed ( bloody odd )

Get one with an ally body and IMO best 3.5 ton available :thumbup: