Uploading from Drift HD Ghost

David Humphries

If it's just generating the image on screen which is the issue, you can buy replacement video cards on ebuyer and fit them yourself, I replaced the one in my workstation with an uprated nvidia one after lots of things blew up inside it, easy job. Making sure it's compatible is the tricky bit.

If it's ram you're short of that's a cheap clip in option as well.

The main processor is less simple I think, it's part of the mother board and tied in with your operating system. Ram and video cards are 'plug in peripherals' though so far as the PCM is concerned, just like printer but inside the box.

Thanks for info.

The problem I have, is that this is a work camera (bought for filming vet tree works, potentialy for external training/divisional presentations etc...) is likely to be used (uploading/edited) with work pc's

These machines are pretty low spec, although supported by an in house IS division, as such I wouldn't be able to do any hardware change myself.

I would probably have to put a business case together for the directors to agree an upgrade based on just the camera alone.

May just have to do the editing on a home pc/laptop.

Better not let the other half know :001_rolleyes:

I think you already have a sound business case David, if your organisation has bought something which needs further equipment to enable it to work with it to it's full potential.

It's a good idea to have these things on a standalone machine anyway, video editing is very power hungry and there is nothing more devastating than losing hours of editing when an inadequate machine falls over.....