Deutz engine problem

76AR

I've got an oldish landforce chipper which I having an odd problem with. It starts on the button in all weathers however it won't rev at all.

The throttle cable is moving opening the throttle up but nothing happens? It has an electronic stop solenoid which I think may be the problem but before I take this off has anyone got any other ideas?

It had brand new fuel and filters but this made no difference

Thanks in anticipation

Adam

This sounds like a fuel issue. The stop solonoid will not stop it revving up. It stops the engine so unless its a spill control valve. But I don't think the deutz engine has them. Either way the stop solonoid will only stop the fuel flow shutting down the engine and opening up again allowing it to start.

There is an issue with you fuel flow. Not allowing enough through to let the engine rev high. Try in the fuel tank and see if there is a pickup filter in there. If not some may have moved past the filters when they where changed and into the fuel supply. But this would require pump and injector clean out. Check the fuel tank first.

This sounds like a fuel issue. The stop solonoid will not stop it revving up. It stops the engine so unless its a spill control valve. But I don't think the deutz engine has them. Either way the stop solonoid will only stop the fuel flow shutting down the engine and opening up again allowing it to start.

There is an issue with you fuel flow. Not allowing enough through to let the engine rev high. Try in the fuel tank and see if there is a pickup filter in there. If not some may have moved past the filters when they where changed and into the fuel supply. But this would require pump and injector clean out. Check the fuel tank first.

If there was an issue with the fuel flow would it not struggle to start / idle? It starts on the button and idles no problem?

It may idle fine. But revving up requires more fuel flow and if there is restriction on flow it will struggle. A solonoid could be at fault if its not opening all the way. Could try giving the solonoid a tap and see if it works. Try removing the solonoid and checking it over. See if there is any crud around it. Clean it and put it back. They require a charge from the battery but if the engine starts then its getting a voltage on it.

Another option is to blow back throught the fuel lines into the tank from the filter just to ensure they are clear. It's the easiest thing to try before ripping the engine to pieces.

Give Mac or Jason a ring at GreenMech. We used a 2 pit Deutz years ago and I think that your throttle isn't connect to the fuel rack, something fell off internally maybe? Alternatively, phone Deutz themselves and speak to their technical people.