Ms 200t

wren100

Side cover off, remove inner plate held in place by two small T25 screws. Put the brake on, remove the brake band and spring - best wear safety specs.

Lift the handle off on end of the tie bar along with the steel hinge mechanism from the other end of the tie bar.

Remove all the crap that has built up - check the tie bar isnt broken in two - make sure the leaf spring is in one piece. Slide the steel hinge mech back in to the handle end and line th eholes up, thread the mechanism in the handle, back in to the side cover and locate both on to the tie bar, refit the brake band, refit the spring and then refit the cover - take the brake off before screwing it down as it catches on the front screw.

When fitting the handle you will need to push the leaf spring downwards so it clips in to place and also make sure the semi circle bit on the inner side cover clips under the semi circular strip near where the handle goes in.

If it doesn't clip in tight, I use a heatgun to bend the side cover top in a bit until it clips in good and tight - most won't know or care about this but the handle will flop from side to side if not corrected and is usually damaged by operators not fitting the cover on the saw properly:001_rolleyes:

Side cover off, remove inner plate held in place by two small T25 screws. Put the brake on, remove the brake band and spring - best wear safety specs.

Lift the handle off on end of the tie bar along with the steel hinge mechanism from the other end of the tie bar.

Remove all the crap that has built up - check the tie bar isnt broken in two - make sure the leaf spring is in one piece. Slide the steel hinge mech back in to the handle end and line th eholes up, thread the mechanism in the handle, back in to the side cover and locate both on to the tie bar, refit the brake band, refit the spring and then refit the cover - take the brake off before screwing it down as it catches on the front screw.

When fitting the handle you will need to push the leaf spring downwards so it clips in to place and also make sure the semi circle bit on the inner side cover clips under the semi circular strip near where the handle goes in.

If it doesn't clip in tight, I use a heatgun to bend the side cover top in a bit until it clips in good and tight - most won't know or care about this but the handle will flop from side to side if not corrected and is usually damaged by operators not fitting the cover on the saw properly:001_rolleyes:

Simples. :D

No, it really isn't to hard.

Odds on that the t-bar is, or will get broken as I believe Stihl makes them out off paper mache! About £6 for a new one.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Always amazes me that no one apears to take this inner cover off ever and then wonder why this bar and the leafspring break and why the chain brake is so mushy:001_rolleyes:

Never mind, it is only a safety device :blushing:- all my services get this part cleaned and repaired where necessary:thumbup:

Including yours Ed!

Think I am doing these in my sleep now - the wife is distressed:lol:

Will let you know when it has landed:thumbup:

I know the feeling spud.

Another has landed. This one has leaking fuel pipe. New one on order then a full test to see if anything else is amiss.

I'm actually struggling to find the time to carry on splaying with the ported dolmar. It's just sitting there and I'm itching to carry on with the mods......

I know the feeling spud.

Another has landed. This one has leaking fuel pipe. New one on order then a full test to see if anything else is amiss.

I'm actually struggling to find the time to carry on splaying with the ported dolmar. It's just sitting there and I'm itching to carry on with the mods......

Sounds like me - want to get the timing wheel on the 357XP and start tweaking the ignition timing - thinking of fitting a modified air filter but thats another story......just got a pile of normal work to do:001_rolleyes::lol:

Sounds like me - want to get the timing wheel on the 357XP and start tweaking the ignition timing - thinking of fitting a modified air filter but thats another story......just got a pile of normal work to do:001_rolleyes::lol:

I WAS beginning to wounder if there was any sort of air mods for saws. Every other part can be modded (almost) but not the air filter.

I need to take a night and get onto these saws. Got Thursday so will have to set it and get them banged out. Awaiting seals for one but I know they will turn up when I havnt got the time to do them.