Poor man's pulley saver cambium saver

Arran Turner

Fair enough matey, I wonder if the pinto is noticeably smoother than the ISC micro I'm using temporarily. I think it was about a tenner, and I use a length or friction cord as a sling. Currently waiting to buy the rigging pinto (slightly larger) then I'll attempt to splice tenex to it and fit it to the rest of my spliced pulleysaver!

Have you noticed yourself burning through hitch cord a helluva lot faster? I have :blushing:

Yes and my hands, I try not to be too silly as cord would end up only lasting me a week :thumbdown: i feel the main advantage is ascent, being able to zip out of trees is a bonus. I got my groundy to tend the line as I ascended to my top anchor so i could climb hand over hand and did the whole lot without my feet touching anything just using my arms. wonderful it was

I think the pinto rig is smoother but then my pulley had been worked hard so propley full of grime.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for you Arran, I went out into my cold shed to knock up a quick home brew version and took a picture of it next to a shop bought Pulleysaver. What this achieves I have no idea but I had fun doing it.... :biggrin:

Couple of excuses.... Loop for pulley made from a length I happened to have, doesn't need to be anything like that long.

I only have 1 pinto rig, and it's stitched into the pulley saver, imagine normal pinto is rig version.

Tool clip would not be great for retrieval, not very strong, but a carbine hook or proper snap would work.

image.jpg.16ad247f5cbd2e67953c184c8849a00e.jpg

Just for you Arran, I went out into my cold shed to knock up a quick home brew version and took a picture of it next to a shop bought Pulleysaver. What this achieves I have no idea but I had fun doing it.... :biggrin:

Couple of excuses.... Loop for pulley made from a length I happened to have, doesn't need to be anything like that long.

I only have 1 pinto rig, and it's stitched into the pulley saver, imagine normal pinto is rig version.

Tool clip would not be great for retrieval, not very strong, but a carbine hook or proper snap would work.

Thanks chief much appreciated , nice to see a homemade and a bought one next to each other, I have bought a spliced pulley saver + shackle from Joe Loggs which he made himself and I already own the pinto and cord. it should be arriving tomorrow which im looking forward to. From the pictures he has done a cracking job.

My climbing kit lives in my bedroom :sneaky2:

I was thinking of buying a heat resistant cord like armorprus, but I figure its easier to buy the cheap sirius (which is lovely before it glazes) and cheap enough to bin once it starts getting noticeably worn.

One problem I have is before I know it i've climbed a good few feet before tending any slack, a habit I must kick!

I have my vt quite sporty so when there's enough rope beneath the hitch it can self tend quite nicely!

Glad to see someone else is just starting to enjoy frictionless climbing, I felt as is I was somewhat late to the party!

I was thinking of buying a heat resistant cord like armorprus, but I figure its easier to buy the cheap sirius (which is lovely before it glazes) and cheap enough to bin once it starts getting noticeably worn.

One problem I have is before I know it i've climbed a good few feet before tending any slack, a habit I must kick!

I have my vt quite sporty so when there's enough rope beneath the hitch it can self tend quite nicely!

Glad to see someone else is just starting to enjoy frictionless climbing, I felt as is I was somewhat late to the party!

I'm on op at the moment which started blackening up loads and going shiney and looking naff but then I put it in the washing machine on a cold short wash with no powder or anything and it came up almost band New.

I will be buying armorpruS soon from the good reviews

Routing the climbing line so that it is not touching any branches on the way through is key aswell, silky Fox drilled this into me on a rec climb once and since then I've made it super important to route my ropes well and it helps so much:)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App