New stove

Gus McWilliam

Looking for a new stove, it must have

Plate with room for 2 pans

Oven if possible

Backboiler retrofitable

Any suggestions?

What ever you think you would like in terms of cooking on wood try and go for bigger, backboiler is a must and the more pans you can get on the better, you will still be burning the same amount of wood, i'v been living cooking , heating, on wood now for a few years, best thing i ever did although the wife still can't cook much on it , but then she never could anyway :lol: I love my stove. :thumbup1: timber quality is what makes the stove work best. Know your wood and how it performs . species is everything followed by moisture content.

What ever you think you would like in terms of cooking on wood try and go for bigger, backboiler is a must and the more pans you can get on the better, you will still be burning the same amount of wood, i'v been living cooking , heating, on wood now for a few years, best thing i ever did although the wife still can't cook much on it , but then she never could anyway :lol: I love my stove. :thumbup1: timber quality is what makes the stove work best. Know your wood and how it performs . species is everything followed by moisture content.

Mine is a Rayburn 600 series and it copes fine , Christmas day can be a test.

Esse Ironheart will do all that, got 9.7kw of heat to the room though so even with poor insulation you will need a room of 116 cubic meter volume to put it in.

Ironheart - Multi-fuel cooking stove that burns logs beautifully

A

Can you retrofit a back boiler into the Ironheart? and if so how much are they?

I can recommend the Ironheart, had ours in for a few yrs:thumbup1:

Can you retrofit a back boiler into the Ironheart? and if so how much are they?

I can recommend the Ironheart, had ours in for a few yrs:thumbup1:

You can retrofit a boiler into Ironheart but from memory its only a small one for domestic hot water. I would recommend you also install a boiler control unit into the return pipework, this allows the appliance to get up to operating temperature before allowing cold water to run through it.

Cost wise the standard non boiler model is about £3690 from memory including VAT, I am back in the showroom tomorrow so could confirm if needed. You would need to add installation including safety sign off and the flue parts needed to that.

I am expecting an Esse price rise within the next three months.

A

we are about to embark on a renovation of part of our cottage. With this we will be removing a Rayburn no2 Oil Fired Stove. This would have started life as a solid fuel model and has since been converted to oil. An old farmer I visited has one the same and told me he fitted his new in 1952.

We have been in this house 6 years and as the Rayburn no longer heats water or radiators (village is now on mains gas and combi boiler fitted) it just heats our kitchen and is used for cooking. We only have it on from Nov to April Makes great roast tatties.

Has a backboiler which is disconnected but I guess could be reinstated.

Could be re converted back to solid fuel.

I am going to be cooking on gas and fitting a used Stockton 7 multifuel stove to the new kitchen living area in its place as a heat source.

Would this Rayburn be likely to be able to be sold and if so what kind of price could one reasonably expect?

Works fine and looks ok for 60 odd yr old. and located in SW Scotland(not remote).

thanks for looking at my first post although I have used this forum a while being an avid firewood vulture as a mate recently called me.(we already have another woodburner in the rest of our cottage)