Job from hell !

Buzz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people are missing the main point that Buzz and his crew took down two fookin big trees with sh!t access and should be given a bit more credit for a job well done.

... and no we didn't charge enough !

I`d say that`s the main point. I`ve made many blunders whilst quoting over the years which I have paid for. Eliminating low bids from the order book doesn`t half make life run smoother. imo

I`d say that`s the main point. I`ve made many blunders whilst quoting over the years which I have paid for. Eliminating low bids from the order book doesn`t half make life run smoother. imo

Totally agree,

But the guys getting flamed for saying the tree was 100'

Who gives a f#@k if it was or it was'nt

Job done, lesson learned (if there was'nt enough on the job) Cheque is in the bank, Move on to the next one.

Right I have just watched the whole vid. and before this thread turns into a "my dicks bigger then you" contest.

Let’s hope it doesn’t get to that stage Chris!

I think most people are missing the main point that Buzz and his crew took down two fookin big trees with sh!t access and should be given a bit more credit for a job well done.

We would be hard pushed to fit anymore credit into this thread, even those posts that make reference to the height still acknowledge a job well done.

Who actually gives a toss if the trees were 100'.

Well it appears at least a handful of us who have voiced an opinion about it, not to metion the guy who added the text to the video. It’s not wrong to take an interest in the height of a tree or how an estimated height was determined. I don’t know why people are getting prickly about it….its just an extra dimension to the discussion, nothing more. Surely a thread is allowed more than one talking-point!

In fact, tree heights are also being discussed in the thread ‘Highest Tree’….and while unfortunately lacking in any kind of reference material (photos), it appears lots of members have been all-to-happy to swap and share each others experiences in an objective manner. Which begs the question: why is a very similar talking-point in this thread being received so negatively?

Edited by RC0

Reg, Good points

Seems like i missed a few pages and missed the credit others have given.

Ever since i started in tree work i have lost count of how many times people say "Whats the biggest tree you have done" Members of the public this is. I suppose i am fed up with the biggest tree debate. But then again i'm low on work and feeling a bit jacked off. So pay no mind to my rambling.:001_smile:

Can't comment on the tall trees thread, because i havnt been there yet but will have a look

Any updates on the new lowering device?

I'm off to price some work. Lets hope we all get some more

Reg, Good points

I suppose i am fed up with the biggest tree debate. But then again i'm low on work and feeling a bit jacked off. So pay no mind to my rambling.:001_smile:

Let it out Chris, I'll be your puchbag:ohmy: Thing have been tight here too....in fact, there are guys around here who would probably fight over a similar such conifer job right now!

Any updates on the new lowering device?
Thanks for asking. Ive actually waited in this morning for the delivery of some related documents which now dont look like turning up:mad1: Other than that I would hope to at least post some photos within the next week or so....although dont expect too much, its nothing fancy!

I don’t know why people are getting prickly about it.... Which begs the question: why is a very similar talking-point in this thread being received so negatively?

Personally because my professional opinion and credentials have been questioned privatley in PM's and publicly in this thread mate.

Hi Chris, yes that was my point. But I`m not dissin` anyone`s efforts in the workplace. Personally, the 36 ton of chip would concern me more than the 130ft trees.

For one it was 100' and for two i know what the unimog / trailer weighs and how much chip i can carry and how much i took off site.

If your van carried 2 ton of chip and you did 5 loads that's 10 ton of chip. Would you then accept it if that fact was questioned ?

I took 30 ton of waste of that site not just chip. Logs and rakings as well.