anyone run a fourtrak or terrano?

matty71

I had a fourtrack for several years, was a really good tow motor, and I thought it fairly economical for the engine size, the only problem we had with it was it had a sudden severe gearbox oil leak and the gearbox belly pan was lined with some type of material and it soaked all the gear oil up, so no one knew it was leaking, which led to replacing several gears and bearings in the box.

Hi, we have got a s reg swb terrano it serves us really well contantly tows way more than it should, good off road and just as thirsty as any other 4x4. It's never let us down and only ever need general service items pads bit of exhaust etc

And as far as I'm aware maverick and terrano are the same truck except badge

Hope this helps a touch .

Had a Terrano for about 4 years, 130k on the clock, never missed a beat engine wise (I think the 2.7 L is the same as used in the black cabs in London) had to put a new battery on, replaced corroded fuel line and centre exhaust, usual stuff really. It towed OK and was very good in the sticky stuff. Pulled a transit & chipper across a muddy, hilly field more than once. Well used and abused. Great truck, infact I saw it around my way this week sign written and being used for a landscaping company, Still going strong. Not amazing on diesel though 24-26MPG

I run a lwb terrano 2.7td (1997) and have found it to be very good. Just went through another mot, needed a plate welding onto the sill near the rear wheel-arch but little else. As above they do get a bit of rust and are pretty juicy-especially when towing but other than that i've found it very reliable, good off-road and good value compared to other 4wd's and pickups.