SRT+alpine butterfly+redirects

mistahbenn

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revolver is a no crossloading a krab and the possibility of the gate rubbing open, A bob or a F8 bunny ears with a krab work great, a locked of ring and ring is good as it doesn't matter how many redirects you take.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Can't picture how the ring would work without threading the entire tail through it.

Do u have a photo?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

eee, don't like the look of that! A ring would be much better. I reckon it would depend on line angles and bark smoothness, so prob a case of judgement on each tree.

What specifically don't you like about this Dan? Is it because it's on a stem rather than horizontal limb and could end up with components cross loaded...?

This set up really appeals to me for the lack of gear needed and the ease of retrieval.....

It may be coincidence or it may be intentional, but both the images Ben posted show fixed sided pulleys rather than swinging side plates..... Is there are reason for that....?

This is what the dude who's pics they are told me.

'Derrick Martin

Works with one or two open (not much friction) redirects.

I plan my climbs a little different when using a top tie, will work a little harder (normally doing the hard part first) so that i make retrieval easier.'

Adding a pulley or ring to a top-choked system will not be of much help when it comes time for retrieval after going through several redirects. If multiple redirects are anticipated, use either a base tie, or a ring-to-ring type anchor like Ewan showed. If using a Butterfly knot as a stopper, it is a good practice to capture the eye with a carabiner or link and clip it to the retrieval end of the rope.

Dave

Adding a pulley or ring to a top-choked system will not be of much help when it comes time for retrieval after going through several redirects. If multiple redirects are anticipated, use either a base tie, or a ring-to-ring type anchor like Ewan showed. If using a Butterfly knot as a stopper, it is a good practice to capture the eye with a carabiner or link and clip it to the retrieval end of the rope.

Dave

How can you have multiple 'retrievable' redirects Dave...? Surely once you've pulled one through the first [or last one installed depending on how you look at it] ring/pulley it won't go back through the next ring/pulley the butterfly comes to...? :001_huh:

And why do you recommend a base tie? That's my preferred set up anyway but I don't see how this can allow you to create multiple retrievable redirects... :confused1:

Thanks for being patient with me! :biggrin:

How can you have multiple 'retrievable' redirects Dave...? Surely once you've pulled one through the first [or last one installed depending on how you look at it] ring/pulley it won't go back through the next ring/pulley the butterfly comes to...? :001_huh:

And why do you recommend a base tie? That's my preferred set up anyway but I don't see how this can allow you to create multiple retrievable redirects... :confused1:

Thanks for being patient with me! :biggrin:

Natural crotches :biggrin: