What age is to old

chipper080

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 years on and I'm still doing it.....:001_tongue:

More the fool me eh.....:001_rolleyes:

If it is not people like you doing it and someone like me wanting to do it the right way then we end up with a bunch of people doing it the wrong way and giving you and me a bad name in the business just my opinion but sound right to me and the right way is the best way.:thumbup: And you are no fool for doing this:thumbup:

Hi all was just wondering what age is to old to start climbing as i am 33 years old and i want to do some climbing but been told i would not make a climber and i am to old is this true?

I do not have climbing tickets but was thinking about taking a course on day any thoughts about this please.

Thank you.

Gosh the power of words!!! Someone says "i would not make a climber and i am to old" and that is now planted in your head. Frankly I was raging when back along in another thread those same words were said over your life. Send those words packing my friend and determine to do whatever you feel is your destiny. School teachers have said all sorts of negative things to children for centuries; some have proven them wonderfully wrong, but what of the others, my father in-law for instance; always put down, always told they couldn't do it etc etc. Only in later life did he blossom with hidden skills and talents his own father always dissed. Be strong mate; you can do ANYTHING!

Im forty, and climb all day every day and been doing it for almost twenty years. Climb with guys way younger and theyre always a bit blown when i tell them my age. If your fit and its what you wanna do, do it. Theres no to old in opinion only your body will tell you sore backs don't count ( unleess injured) you get them from desk jobs and driving. I wouldnt wanna do anything else whats more fun, exciting and satisfying than this job.