Pershore college

jackmayo

Hi my name is Jack and this is my first post!

I plan on be coming a tree surgeon and want to go to college, the nearest college to me with the course is Pershore college and I want to go on this course:

http://www.warwickshire.ac.uk/courses/search_results/course_details.aspx?Id=2841818

I went to the open day yesterday and spoke to the practical tutor and after going and after having a look around I wanted to go on the course and get involve in arb even more!

And so I wanted your opinion on the college if anyone has been and if this is the right course to go on to become at surgeon and eventually own my own business.

Also any tip for want to do in college and what to do after I leave.

Thanks

Jack Mitchell

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All depends on what type of guy you are and how old really.

if your young then i would suggest college. Allows you to learn arb and science of arb with out worrying about paying bills and grown up sh*t! doesent look like theres much about tickets or climbing in that course?

i went to moreton morrel and did the level 3 arb and forestry course and it was good.

hope this helps

Hi,

I was there yesterday aswell for an interview for the foundation degree in arboriculture. I am coming from a levels. The college does give you the training for the tickets (30, 31, 38 and 39) but you have to pay for the assessment.

Hopefully I might meet you around pershore next year!

Are you going to live in?

Yeah I am sure you can do CS30 and CS31 on the level 3. CS30 is chainsaw maintenance and CS31 is felling of small trees. If you phone the college they will tell you straight away.

I am in Kings Heath but I think I am going to live in but I am looking at it from a uni aspect so living in is more of a social thing.

What school in Northfield do you go to?

I am at Bishop Challoner doing A levels

Well there are quite a few but the best ones are supposed to be Myerscough in Preston, Pershore and Moulton college in Northampton. I have got offers from them all but they all have there good and bad points but pershore is good :) If you want just PM me or add me on Facebook (I am the one up the tree in my display picture) I was in your situation 2 years ago but now I have sort of figured out what course to do now!