Chainsaw sales from Ford Transit

TRADITIONAL LOGGERS

Your reply to this thread speaks volumes. It seems to me that the police have a selective means of enforcement when it comes to law enforcement in your country. We have the same situation here stateside, however sometimes the victims of said crimes can and will take matters into their own hands to secure justice or some semblance there of.

easy-lift guy

Do these people still have irish accents state side?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, and I don't know the varesity of this statement as I'm relating it from third hand information told to me.

One of the primary reasons that the police are unwilling to enter travelling communities and make arrests is due to their very transient nature. That is once they make an arrest, they have to expend a massive amount of time and energy filling in all the paperwork, secure evidence and witness statements. In the meantime once the suspects are released from custody, they return back to camp, up sticks, and move on to wreak havoc elsewhere. By the time a case comes to court, the accused have long gone, the police and courts have wasted a lot and time & money, with nothing to show for it, eventually the charges are dropped are not persued because the police and courts do not have the resources to traipse around the country trying to track down the miscreants.

Long story short, its cheaper to do nothing because its to much hassle and not worth the paperwork. Added to that, there is no political will to target these individuals, who'll be screaming about the abuse of their Human Rights, the moment you set foot on their (often illegal) campsite.

For your average plod force its the preverbial shitty stick with poo at both ends, whichever end they grasp they are left with mud in their eye. Its easier for them to do nothing and hope the problems moves on fairly soon.

Of course you could all lobby the newly elected public Police Commissioner type person that you voted for last year to get them to try and change their forces emphasis on how they deal with these kinds of criminals.

Thats what they're there for. Thats what you voted for, so that you the people would have a voice on how your local constabulary is run, to represent your concerns. You did vote, did'nt you!?!? :sneaky2:

As I understand it, and I don't know the varesity of this statement as I'm relating it from third hand information told to me.

One of the primary reasons that the police are unwilling to enter travelling communities and make arrests is due to their very transient nature. That is once they make an arrest, they have to expend a massive amount of time and energy filling in all the paperwork, secure evidence and witness statements. In the meantime once the suspects are released from custody, they return back to camp, up sticks, and move on to wreak havoc elsewhere. By the time a case comes to court, the accused have long gone, the police and courts have wasted a lot and time & money, with nothing to show for it, eventually the charges are dropped are not persued because the police and courts do not have the resources to traipse around the country trying to track down the miscreants.

Long story short, its cheaper to do nothing because its to much hassle and not worth the paperwork. Added to that, there is no political will to target these individuals, who'll be screaming about the abuse of their Human Rights, the moment you set foot on their (often illegal) campsite.

For your average plod force its the preverbial shitty stick with poo at both ends, whichever end they grasp they are left with mud in their eye. Its easier for them to do nothing and hope the problems moves on fairly soon.

Of course you could all lobby the newly elected public Police Commissioner type person that you voted for last year to get them to try and change their forces emphasis on how they deal with these kinds of criminals.

Thats what they're there for. Thats what you voted for, so that you the people would have a voice on how your local constabulary is run, to represent your concerns. You did vote, did'nt you!?!? :sneaky2:

It's appalling , I no what your saying about costs and that they move on after being released pending court case but they are braking the law. No body else would be able to get away with it.i think they are responsible for most rural crime and they are costing the country and us,besides all the claims on our insurances which in turn puts our premium's up .when do you ever see them go to work,only at night thieving. theres only one way do deal with them HARD

its not just travellers the police are reluctant to get involved with we caught a lad who broke into one of our sheds we phoned police up they said we are a bit busy at the moment shift change over . so we flagged a passing police car down the young lady carted him off no problem i told her our conversation she explained call handlers get a bit carried away at times .